Brother's Best Friend

All of your friends had bailed on you for New Year's Eve, making plans without you and not including you in them. So, when you looked like a sad little puppy dog, your brother Harry took pity on you and invited you to his plans.

"Really? I don't want to impose," you said, sitting on your bed in your sweats.

"C'mon, sis. It's only Niall's place," he shrugged.

You looked up from under your lashes. "Niall's? Really?"

"Yeah. Me and the guys were just going to drink some beers, play some pong, watch the fireworks on his deck. It'll be fun. You should come," Harry offered, leaning against your doorway.

A party with hot, single guys on New Year's Eve? Count you in.

"Ok. Um, how much time do I have to get ready?" you asked.

Harry looked at his watch. "Leavin' at 9."

That was 45 minutes. SHIT! "Ok. I'll meet you downstairs."

Harry left your room and you sprung up from your bed, rummaging through your closet. Niall was hot, like HOT HOT and any time you had the opportunity to be around him, you always wanted to look your best.

While you looked for an outfit, you turned your straightener on. You came back to the closet, found that slinky dress you've been waiting on wearing and you paired it with fishnets and booted heels.

After getting changed, you quickly brushed your teeth, straightened your hair and put on a smokey-eye. Looking at your phone, you had five minutes to get downstairs to Harry.

You grabbed a clutch and put your lipstick, a portable charger and your wallet in it and headed downstairs.

When you got to the bottom step, Harry looked up from his phone and his eyes got wide. "Excuse me. What are you wearing?"

"Uh, clothes," you said, looking at your outfit.

"You know what? You're lucky our Uber is here or I'd tell you to go and change," he said.

You headed out the door, closing it behind you, trying to keep your balance in your shoes.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" you asked Harry, walking down to the Uber.

"What's wrong with it? Ya look like a bloody prostitute?" he said, opening the door for you and you slid in. He got in behind you and closed the door.

You shrugged. "It's New Year's Eve. You're supposed to dress up."

Harry rolled his eyes as the Uber took you to Niall's place. The car ride over was silent and seemed like it went on forever.

You finally arrived to his place and there was barely a place to park. You split the Uber cost, got out in the street and headed up to the door.

Harry rung the doorbell and you waited for it to open. Niall appeared in no less than 15 seconds and a huge smile fell on your face. "Harry! My man. What's up?" He gave him a bro hug that they do and patted him on the back leading him in.

As Harry stepped in the doorway, Niall turned around to look at you. "(Y-Y/N?) Wow. Hi. Pleasure to see you."

"Hi, Niall," your face got hot as he smiled at you.

"Sorry mate. Her friends bailed on her. I said she could tag along," Harry said.

"No worries at all," Niall said, as he took in your look, his eyes moving from head to toe. "Come on in hun. Make yerself comfortable."

You stepped into the doorway and thanked him graciously. You looked around and noticed there were a lot of people here. Harry was already cozied up next to a pretty girl at the make-shift bar and people were spread throughout his apartment.