Chapter 60: Happy Tanabata, Iron Blood Style

Your Pov

Today is the day of the Tanabata Festival. Tanabata is celebrated to commemorate the romantic story of two lovers represented by the stars Vega and Altair who are only allowed to meet each other once a year as long as the skies are clear. It is celebrated on the 7th day of the 7th lunar month, which is July 7th in the modern calendar. In Azur Lane, the festival goes on for two weeks, enough time for me to spend with the girls. While preparing for the festival, I saw Hipper and Prinz Eugen, the Azur Lane Eugen walking up to me

You: Hey, Eugen, Hipper.

Eugen: Hi Y/N~ I came here with Hipper because she wants to tell you something. Go on you blonde tsundere, tell him~

Hipper: HAH?! Who are you calling a flat chopping board Tsundere, Eugen?!

Eugen: I didn't say that you were a chopping board though~ Now, go ahead and tell him what you wanted to tell him or else I'll steal you from him~

You: Well Hipper? I don't have all day.

Hipper: Don't rush me! Well, here goes. D-D-D-D-Do you w-wanna go to the Tanabata Festival with me?! O-Of course, Heinrich and the other Iron Blood ships are coming too!

You: Sure. I don't have anyone to go with right now so why not.

Hipper: Good! Come to the Iron Blood base at 6pm, we'll head to Sakura Empire for the festival.

You: Hehe, I can't wait for our group date, I wonder if I could get past the tsundere wall in front of me~

Hipper: Huh?! You stupid, moronic, block-headed idiot! Go die! Sink yourself in the Kiel Bay right now! Ugh, I'm leaving!

Eugen: See you later for Tanabata honey~ Love you~ Don't worry about Eugen-Chan, she'll be with the Royal Navy while we're together~

You: See you later!

While walking to my dorm to get ready, I was immediately stopped by Tirpitz. Okay, the thing about my dorm room is that it is connected with both Eagle Union and Iron Blood, don't ask why, just because why not.

Tirpitz: Y/N, I heard that you're going to the Tanabata festival. If it's alright with you, I would like to show you my kimono.

You: Sure. I'll wait outside for you

Tirpitz then leads me to her room and just as I said, I waited outside until she gave me the green light to come in

You: Alright Tirpitz, what did you want to- (sees her) OH MY GOODNESS!!

You: (I think I'm in heaven) B-But why on the bed and in a laid down on it too?

Tirpitz: W-Well, I wanted to show it to you before. In line with their traditions, the Sakura Empire, I've put on this new outfit. I hope it doesn't... look strange on me.