chapter sixty three

Start from the beginning

"Boo."

The word was whispered in my ear, the person's breath tickling the back of my neck and my heart stopped beating for a moment and jumped in my chest. I clutched my phone in my hand and let out a little scream, whipping around to see who the culprit was and I should have known it was Travis fucking Barker.

"You should have seen your face." He cackled, clutching his stomach, "Whatcha lookin at, dude?"

I flipped him off, "First off, fuck you. Second of all, I was looking at my sexy ass girlfriend in some new lingerie. Thank you very much."

The drummer wiped the tears from the corners of his eyes, his laughter and the girl's laughter dying down, "Should have guessed with the tent forming in your pants."

Rolling my eyes at him, I flipped him off again before turning around and adjusting myself so it would be a little less noticeable.

Lover: you're sexy as fuck. Can't wait to rip it off you

Chloe: i take it you like it then

Lover: very much yes

Chloe: hehe then it's already bought. Maybe if you get lucky you'll get to see it in person

Lover: you know I'll beg, mommy

Chloe: i know you would, daddy. I think i'll make you to

Lover: 🥴😩

I slipped my phone in my pocket and looked at Emily, eyes widening when I noticed how many cupcakes she had consumed.

"Em, don't take this the wrong way but I think you've had enough cupcakes. I don't want you to throw up on stage." I scratched the back of my neck.

Her brown eyes dimmed and her shoulders sagged a little as she shoved the last little bit of chocolate cupcake in her mouth, "I know but I can't help it. I eat when I get really nervous. It's a bad habit." Her stomach gurgled loudly, "But you're right I have had way too many. My stomach is not happy with me."

Kourtney grabbed a water bottle and walked over to Emily, wrapping her arm around her shoulders in a comforting way, "I'll take her back to the house to rest and bring her back before soundcheck."

I nodded, "Thanks, Kourt."

She smiled, kissing my cheek, "No problem. Come on, honey."

"I love you." Travis murmured towards her before they shared a quick, intimate kiss before the pair was officially out of the room, "So." he turned to me, "You nervous for tonight?"

I shrugged, "Maybe a little. But there's nothing a pre-show backwood won't kill."

Travis chuckled, "You're not wrong. So, can I ask you a personal question you know about feelings and shit?"

"Yes because talking about my feelings is my favorite pastime." I replied sarcastically before answering him truthfully, "What's your question, drummer boy?"

"Are you doing okay? You know without Meg being here and all."

I sighed before looking away, "I can't have my cake and eat it too. She seems happy and I'm happy. We both got love for each other but right now we're just not meant to write any more chapters together."

"Doesn't mean the story isn't over." He replied.

"Maybe it has to be. Sometimes things just should end the first time. Sure it hurts but it's only gonna get messy and hurt more if you make any more attempts to get things back to how they were. I'm not the main character in her story anymore, I can't be. Chloe is my story. My happy ending."