Episode 41 "The Verdict in the Story" Part 2

Zacznij od początku

Temp and I sit down next to Angie as Temp asks her, "You think we're going to lose?" Angie answers, "Yeah." While I answer, "No." The two looks at me as Angie continues, "I think you're gonna lose. And I am not gonna help you." Temp then asks, "What did we do to deserve a friend like you?" I then stand up, "We really don't deserve you Angie, but I do have to say that I will make sure we won't lose Temp. And so you won't have a conscious blaming yourself on how you could've done more Angie. I will make sure your team loses Angie, because what you guys don't have is me. I always have something up in my sleeve." They both laugh as we enjoy our moment.

It was the next day and Sweets was up first on the stands, "I obtained my undergraduate psych degree from the University of Toronto, my master's degree in Abnormal Psychology from Temple University and my Doctorates in Clinical Psychology and Behavioral Analysis at Columbia University." I then hear Booth whisper over to Temp, "Doctorates? As in more than one?" I try not to chuckle as I continue listening to Sweets, "I won simultaneous Fulbright and Rhodes scholarships..." I then hear Temp tell Booth, "More than one scholarship, too." I shake my head at their antics as Sweets continue, "... which is what brought me to my current posting at the FBI." I then hear Booth say back to Temp, "No wonder Dr. Geeks can never hang on to a girlfriend." I choke out a laugh as Temp then says, "It's Dr. Sweets." "I know, Bones. I just like saying Dr. Geeks as in geeks." Sweets then asks, "Do you require a list of my scholarly publications?" Mr. Barron then speaks, "The Defense stipulates that Dr. Sweets is a qualified expert witness, despite the fact he looks like a high school volleyball player." I let out a coughed out laugh. I blushed as I didn't expect hearing that from Mr. Barron as I could see Sweets looking at me giving me that 'We are the same age' look.

I then hear Booth whisper again at Temp, "Meet. Dr. Geeks." We all then get startled by the judge as he says, "Excuse me, Agent Booth. I'd like you to switch seats with Dr. Saroyan. You, Dr. Brennan, please switch seats with your sister the other Dr. Brennan." Temp then asks, "Why?" "You don't whisper as quietly as you think you do." We then hear Booth whisper to Temp, "Yeah, you know, you do whisper a little loud." I shake my head as we all stand up and Temp says to him, "You started it." "Just a little bit loud." We switch our seats as I give Cam a small nod as she does the same and we pay attention back to the trial. The judge then says, "Thank you. Please continue, Ms. Julian."

Caroline nods, "Dr. Sweets, did you compile a psychological profile of the defendant?" "Yes, over a series of meetings spanning six months." "Is he capable of murder?" "Like, totally." I chuckle seeing him become his usual unprofessional self as he then catches what he did and corrects it, "Most definitely. Um, in his own way, Max Keenan is a very impressive man." "What do you mean, 'in his own way?" "Well, Max Keenan doesn't adhere to an external ethnical system." "He does what he wants." "No, he does what he thinks is right, whether or not the rest of the world agrees. In another time, he could have been a great leader." "You mean in a time when people conked each other on the head and lit them on fire as a way of getting what they want?" "Yes." "Is Max Keenan dangerous?" "When he feels his loved ones are threatened... mega dangerous." "In your opinion, if Max Keenan felt that he was threatened or his family was threatened, could he do this?" "Totally. I mean, indubitably." "Without hesitation?" "Without hesitation, without remorse, without guilt."

The courtroom starts murmuring again as Caroline then says, "Without hesitation, without remorse, without guilt." It was Russ turn on the stand as Caroline asks, "Did you feel threaten by Deputy Director Kirby, Mr. Brennan?" "No." "A sniper-trained, corrupt FBI agent hunting you and you weren't scared?" "I knew someone was after me, but not who." "How did you know someone was after you?" "I was shot at. I was wounded." "So it's fair to say you feared for your life." "Yes." "Where were you staying at this time?" "In my sister's apartment." "Which is where Deputy Director Kirby was murdered." "Where his blood was found, yeah." "But you weren't in there when it happened." "No." "You knew someone was gunning for you, but you left the safety of your sister's apartment?" "Well, it wasn't all that safe if someone got murdered there, right?" "No, it wasn't, Mr. Brennan. Where were you that day?" "Job interview." "You were being stalked, but it seemed like a good time to wander around looking for a job."