Chapter 1

Gasoline and garbage. A scent I unfortunately find familiar as I awake in the abandoned warehouse I had been staying at for the past month. A whole month already. Guess that means tomorrow is moving day. I never stay in the same spot too long in fear that they might find me again. I have been on the run ever since I escaped that hell hole 6 months ago.

I slip on my beanie, shoes, jacket and bag as I quickly exit through the back window and climb my way down the second story building. I may have only been here a short while, but I have grown rather fond of the little cafe just two streets down where I have visited every day since my arrival. I walk in no problem and sure enough, the friendly barista, Molly, hands me my usual tea and breakfast bagel. 

"Good morning Chesh! Any plans for today?" The tall blonde greets me with her kind blue eyes staring back at my mismatched green and blue ones. 

I never give anyone my real name. Not just because of security, but I'm also not her anymore. That girl died a long time ago. Hell, I don't even look like her anymore... 

"Same boring ones as usual. But thanks for asking."

I thank her for my food and sit in my usual seat right next to the window and pull out my laptop.

I don't have a lot due to safety precautions, constant moving, and low budget, but I got my laptop a while ago from a dumpster behind some electronics store. The only thing wrong with it was a cracked screen and some missing buttons.

I am also extremely tech savvy. And no, that's not bragging, it's just a fact. I've been obsessed with coding and programming ever since I can remember. I guess you could say I'm more of a "left brained" person. I always did good in school, specifically math and science. When I wasn't reading about string theory or quantum physics, I was inventing weapons or hacking into the school's bank accounts and gradebook. Not for me of course, but for my classmates who would pay me a couple of bucks to change their test grades. I happen to have an extremely high IQ for a 17-year-old in case you haven't noticed.

Anyway, since I escaped, I have been trying to take down the operation that tortured me for 5 years, Hydra. I have successfully hacked into nine of their bases and stolen all of their files, records, and so on.

Currently I am following a lead I was given last night to an organization called S.H.I.E.L.D. which has also been trying to infiltrate Hydra for years but obviously hasn't made much progress. which is why I am taking matters into my own hands. 

And... I'm in! That was easy. Now let's see... secure files, (Click)

Avengers Initiative?  Interesting indeed. (Click)

So, they're the ones doing SHIELD's dirty work. How fun.

Videos popped up of these people with incredible mutations and them using their abilities for the greater good.

Wait... these are THE Avengers I've been hearing so much about? But they're just like me... 

So, the Avengers have been taking down their bases and Tony Stark is in charge of the Hydra files? Who gave that jackass such important information? Unless he hacked them too and stole the files. But why?

After some Googling, I found out Tony and the rest of the Avengers live in their compound together in the middle of New York like a bunch of idiots who want to get killed. Sounds simple enough. I then close my laptop, tell Molly goodbye and exit the cafe to complete my next mission...

Hacking the Avengers.