Chapter 19 Here Comes the Millionaire

Background music.⤴️

Gabriella woke up the next morning feeling distinctly nauseous and disoriented. The last few weeks had started to take a toll on her - meeting Brandon's parents, preparing for Meredith's wedding, worrying about everyone finding out about her dating Brandon... It was all too stressful. To top it off, Archer was still hanging around her like a leech. She sat up straight in bed. Archer... something about him stirred in her memory.

She rubbed her temples, recalling her encounter with him last night... how he'd tried to force her to come with him... but Brandon had rescued her... she looked around, expecting to see him. She couldn't remember anything else from last night, only the fact that Brandon had put her in bed.

"I suppose he's gone back to his room," she mused to herself. She sighed and got up. She began to have regrets about coming to Meredith's wedding. But since they came all this way, they might as well attend it and be done with it. People might start a riot soon if they didn't get to meet Brandon - everyone still thought he was a fabled legend.

Gabriella got up, showered and changed, intending to get room service for breakfast when the door opened much to her surprise. She turned from the percolator which she had put on for some coffee and saw Brandon enter.

"Brandon! What are you doing here?" She asked. Brandon gave her a resigned smile.

"You're awake. Are you feeling better?"

"Yes but... How did you get a key to my room?" Brandon came up to her, poured a glass of water and gulped it down. He took his time answering and sighed when he finally did.

"It's not just your room, Angel. There's something you ought to know about our reservation..."

Gabriella was fuming all through the day right until she met up with Sassie before the wedding ceremony began

Gabriella was fuming all through the day right until she met up with Sassie before the wedding ceremony began. Brandon had told her about Meredith's room preparations and it had pushed Gabriella's tolerance to the limit. She especially had to bite it in when she found out that Brandon spent the night sleeping on the armchair - he didn't want to invade her space without her permission and share the bed with her. The fact that her thoughtful considerate knight had to sleep in a chair was inconceivable! Gabriella's usually mild temper was blazing now.

"Hon, I'm starting to think coming to this wedding was a mistake; I want to blow this place and get out first chance I get," Sassie grumbled to her when they took their seats together in the slowly filling wedding hall. Sassie was also feeling cranky with the whole affair and irritated with Meredith's condescending behavior from the previous night.

"I know. I wish the same. But it's terrible manners to get up and leave now." Gabriella reasoned dismally.

"Manners, shmanners! Bride or not, I'm inclined to rip her hair out if I hear her patronizing you once more."