Epilogue

Jimin pov

"I hate that I have to leave him." I kissed Jihyan's little toes.

"He will be well taken care of."

Jungkook had convinced me it was time for my wolf to run with the pack for the first time since Jihyan was born and while my wolf was in full agreement, my human side hated the idea I was going to be leaving him with people, even if they were pack.

The doorbell rang, and Jungkook bounded out of the nursery to get it as I finished getting our little boy ready.

"Surprise!" called Grams.

"Alpha, you are the best mate ever."

I gathered Jihyan, bringing down stairs where Grams was waiting.

"Shouldn't I be the best ever since I drove here to watch your son?"

Grams held out her arms for him.

"Quit hogging my baby," she scolded, and I handed him over.

"There you are, my sweet boy. I have missed you so much."

"You are the best, too." I gave her a half hug.

"Thanks for coming to babysit. It means a lot."

"Oh sweetie, I didn't come to babysit. I'm moving in—not here, but next door. Didn't Jungkook tell you?"

She gave him her best side eye.

He'd best get used to that quickly.

"Surprise?" He smiled widely.

"I thought you knew the other day when you asked what was happening to my old cabin."

I'd been merely nosy. In theory, it was for Jih, but not until he was an adult and only until he took over for him.

At no point in time had I ever fantasized about my entire family being together and on pack land.

"And the pack is fine with this?"

She would be the only human, and, given how much my perceived lack of shifter blood impacted things when we got together, I had to ask.

"She poses no threat."

Because that was an answer.

"They will be fine with me. I'm the grandmother of the Heir Apparent."

She walked over to the rocker and sat down, Bam curling up at her feet almost instantly.

He loved her, which made sense. I did, too. "Are you running or not?"

"Umm yeah, bye?"

She'd already been to the house and knew where things lived, but it was still hard for me not to hand her a list, which said far more about me than her.

"Bye, Grams."

Jungkook kissed her cheek then turned on the little sing song voice he only ever used with Jih.

"Bye, little man."

"Was she right?" I asked as we walked down the steps.

"About the pack being fine with her?"

"She was. We will tell them tonight. We will also need to discuss the next Omega Moon."

"So, it's a meeting, too?"

"Yes, love. But we will be home before you know it, and he's in good hands."

He was right, of course.

Not that it made it any easier for me to leave him for the first time.

"I know." I leaned into him as we walked.

"It's hard to believe we are already nearing the next full Moon."

"What's the ceremony like?"

"Just a big party really. You'll like it well enough."

We turned down the path toward the clearing where the run would begin.

"I'm glad they aren't too much fun. If they were, you might've stayed here that night."

And we'd have never met, banged in a back room, and somehow ended up here, walking to a pack run.

Life was strange.

He stopped and waited until I faced him. "I'd have found you anyway. You're my fate, the one the goddess sent for me."

"You were mine long before we met and will be mine until I take my last breath and beyond." His lips caressed mine softly.

"But yeah, going into that bar was everything. You're my everything, my omega. My everything."

THE END
====================================================