17

Jungkook pov

I swore on the drive back to the pack lands, I'd spent more time checking on him in the rearview mirror than I had my eyes on the road.

I thought at any time he might make a sharp U-turn and try to get away, and neither my wolf or I was having anything to do with that.

Not for a fucking second.

"So this is pack?" he asked as we both got out of our cars.

He shivered, and, while I didn't know the reason, I instinctively took off my jacket and draped it over his shoulders.

"Thanks," he muttered, making me melt.

"These are the lands of the Busan pack Yes. I am the next alpha in line. My father is the alpha now."

His eyes widened. "You didn't trick me into coming here to meet your parents, did you?"

I'd just basically told him he was going to be the alpha's omega, and he was worried about meeting my parents. This man was something else.

I snorted at his candor. "No. I mean, eventually, I would love for you to meet them, but we have more pressing matters."

He nodded, and I knew he thought I meant the matter of whether or not he was a wolf, which he was.

But really, I was being a grade A chicken shit.

I knew Joon would help me lead jimin into a conversation that included telling him he had our baby inside him already.

Yep. Big ol' chicken.

"Namjoon's cabin is right here." I put my hand on the small of his back.

When he didn't protest, my wolf did a victory roll inside me. Animal.

I knocked at the wooden door and waited, restraining myself from trying to hold his hand or touch him some how.

We were about to enter the home of an unmated male, and, while I trusted Joon,my instinct was still on red alert.

That was when jimin shocked the hell out of me. He reached between us and tangled his fingers with mine.

I looked at him, needing to meet his eyes, and he shrugged. "Don't read too much into it. I just When you hugged me earlier, it made me calm down."

"That's what mates do," I replied just as Joon opened the door.

He had a cup of tea in his hand, of course, and handed it to Jimin when he stepped inside.

"What's this for?" He brought the cup to his nose for a sniff.

"For the nausea," Joon responded and offered us a seat on his sofa.

"Alpha apparent, tell me what's happening with your mate."

Jimin made a sound like he was going to interrupt or argue against that term but decided to sip on the tea instead.

"Well, he's not sure he's a wolf, but clearly, there's something inside him that is. He hears his animal now call me Ours."

Joon nodded and sat back in his chair, crossing his legs.

"When we find a true mate, especially for a dormant like yourself, it often triggers our wolf to emerge, and, in Jungkook's case, makes him down right restless. Right?"

I nodded. My wolf was a beast. Had been since that night.

"So, it's true my wolf will emerge now that he's here."

Joon nodded. "I've got a simple blood test if you're really wanting to know, but it doesn't change anything."

He put his hand up. "If I may, alpha apparent..."

I dipped my chin at him. I had the feeling he was about to say something I wouldn't like.

"I can scent the wolf on you already. He is craving your mate's attention among other things."

Yep. He was right. Wolf didn't like it one fucking single bit.

Still, he was right. Even I could scent the faintness of a wolf inside him.

"I think I need to take the test. Just for me."

Joon nodded, and, as though he'd anticipated that answer, he took out a needle and some kind of little machine that looked like a glucose meter and approached Jimin while looking at me for permission.

Again, I nodded.

This was why Joon was the only person I trusted with this right now.

He made sure I was okay with every thing before he did it.

The healer understood.

Jimin stuck out his finger, and, one prick later, the blood drop was seeping onto the strip inside the machine.

"It's going to be a few minutes. Then we will know for sure."

Jimin interjected. "How accurate is that?"

"I made it myself a long time ago. All the packs around the world use it. It's 98.7 percent accurate."

Yep, no denying those results. Not for a second.

Joon told us some story about a cousin of his who had been adopted and didn't know he was a wolf.

His family had tricked him into taking the test.

Long story short, he was a wolf, too.

Then the machine beeped, and Jimin jumped, almost sending his cup and his heart to the floor.

I took the cup from him and put it on the table then took his hands in mine.

I knew it calmed him.

I wanted to hold him but didn't think he would go for it in that moment.

"You are wolf. No doubt." Joon showed Jimin the test and the key, proving it had turned purple since he was a wolf.

"Wait, that says blue is a wolf and purple is a..."

Oh...I knew Joon had the moon goddess in mind when he made this machine and the colored results.

Blue for Wolf.

Purple for pregnant wolf.

"Purple is a wolf shifter who is pregnant,"

I told him and wrapped my arm around his shoulders since all the color had drained from his face and tiny droplets of sweat had broken out over his forehead.

"Preg..." Was the last thing he said before passing out cold.

Fuck.

====================================================