4

Jimin pov

"Slower than molasses." Lisa slapped her tray on the counter.

"How's a girl to pay rent? Kai needs to advertise or something."

"Mm-hmm," I mumbled in agreement.

The reality was, there were no people to advertise to, not really. Sure, we could pull from the cliffsiders, but they stuck to themselves.

Everyone else either came here already or never would because they thought we were sinners for partaking of the alcohol.

So this was what it was,and we needed to do the best we could to make the customers want to give us large tips and come back.

I was pretty sure Lisa's method of gossiping with the clientele wasn't the best way to accomplish either of those things.

Not that I was going to tell her.

Kai mentioned once, after she played around with glitter that ended up everywhere but on her face by the end of the night, that she might want to lay off the makeup.

She chewed his ass every which way but Friday. No. It was best to nod and smile with Trudy.

"Need anything? If not, I'm going to go out back and run a rack of cups."

Which would at least give me some thing to do. I was bummed the night was extra slow, since I'd hoped to bring home some decent cash for Jih.

There was still time though.

Maybe people were just out enjoying the evening air.

The Omega Moon.

"I won't have anything until Fred drains his pints, so you're good."

She sat on the stool and tapped her fake nails on the counter. "Don't even start with the if there is time to lean there is time to clean bullshit."

She gave me dagger eyes. "If there is time to lean, I'm taking it."

"I wasn't going to say a thing."

Although the phrase had popped into my head. It was a favorite of Kai's.

Thank fuck he was out for the night.

I couldn't begin to imagine all the wonderful things he would have on his list for us to do.

Last time we were this slow he had me cleaning the baseboards in the kitchen on my hands and knees—zero tips in that.

I took the rack into the back, slid it into the dishwasher, and started the cycle.

There were no clean racks, so I grab a few towels for the bar and wandered back, taking my time so I didn't have to listen to Lisa.

As I walked through the swinging doorway, my heart thumped as if I was nervous...

not nervous...turned-on. I slipped behind the counter where Lisa and tae stood waiting for their orders, and I quickly forgot about the odd sensation as I poured the awful excuse for beer tae's table was drinking by the pitcher.

"Another for Fred?" I asked, grabbing a pint. He wasn't the best tipper, but he was a regular and well liked for everything but his taste in beer.

"Nope, he's nursing his today. I need a rack whiskey, neat." She gave a half smile.

"New guy." Her little smile told me he was either extremely attractive or looked like he had deep pockets.

I peeked over her shoulder as I reached for his glass attractive it was.

"Hey, Fred's beckoning." I gave him a half wave and poured his beer.

"I'll bring this to the new guy any tips are yours."

She liked the sound of the last part and agreed.

I couldn't even pinpoint why I had to go to him, but I did. Sure, he was hot like third-degree-burn hot, but he was the antithesis of my type.

His pecs showed through the open collar of a tangerine-colored shirt unbuttoned a bit too low, but I had a feeling that was intentional.

You don't accidentally show off your muscles. I generally went for guys who were lean and nerdy, and there was no nerd going on there.

Nope, he was what I referred to as an hot male, and damn it I wanted some of that.

I took my half apron off, thanked the stars in the sky I'd gone with my sexy jeans, and set his drink in front of him as his gaze raked my body.

I took that as a good sign.

"Lisa needed to bring Fred his beer," I said lamely.

"I'm glad." He brought the glass to his lips and took a long sip, and, gods help me, I was jealous of that cup.

"If you need anything, I'll be behind the bar." I bit my bottom lip and turned around, feeling his eyes on me the entire time.

I wasn't even pretending not to give my ass a little extra sway along the way.

"I'll take care of the new guy from now on." Lisa was waiting for me at the bar.

"Shame he seems to lean to your team not mine." She wrinkled her nose.

"And no, I don't have time to clean."

I couldn't help but break out in laughter.

"It's no big deal. I can take care of him."

"As long as you give me the tips, you can do what you want with him."

She leaned in close. "Just be sure to give me the details."

Eww.

"There won't be any," I assured her.

Please let that be a lie.

The bar began to fill, not enough to call the night busy, but enough we were all going to leave after making enough we didn't sob into our pillows.

I stayed occupied filling orders and washing glasses, but not quite too busy to keep half an eye on the man with his whisky.

Drain it already, so I can have an excuse to come over.

"Two more pitchers for the dart players." Tae set his tray in front of me, and I went about filling them.

"Here you go. And maybe be a little slower getting them refills if they drain these as quickly as the last,"

I hinted. Tae still didn't understand the subtleties of the job and always seemed to appreciate the advice.

If they got too drunk, that particular crew would forget the tip and probably leave us with a mess in the bathroom. Good times.

He thanked me, and, as he walked away, I saw an empty table where the man had been sitting.

"Fuck," I mumbled.

"I was just going to offer." His rich voice had my body humming.

When did he get there? Shit.

Who cared. He was here.

"Sorry, did you need another whiskey?" I asked, pretty sure I had imagined the innuendo in his voice.

"Take a break?" he asked, hitching his head toward the back of the room.

"I'm Jimin," I offered.

If I was going to do this, I at least wanted us to know each other's names.

"Nice to meet you, Jimin." He brought his head close to mine.

"Are you in?"

I didn't do this. I just didn't.

I was a woo me for a first kiss kind of guy, but with him, this man whose name I didn't even know I couldn't refuse.

There was just something about him and shit why not? I was single.

"Lisa, I'm taking a break," I called over his shoulder.

====================================================

BUSAN PACK || JIKOOK. ✅On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara