1

Jungkook pov

"Clearly, you have misunderstood what I'm saying to you, Kook."

"There is no choice."

"You must go."

Of course he said this after closing the door to his office.

Wouldn't want the rest of the pack and anyone lingering in the alpha house to overhear the alpha's son did not want a mate or anything to do with the Omega Moon ceremony.

Because that was me and I didn't.

"Alpha, Father, I've tried this before. You and every other pack member have been witness to me trying to find a mate."

"All it brings me is headaches and anger and betrayal. There is no one for me. I'm sure of it."

And by headaches, anger, and betrayal, I really meant heartache, sadness and overwhelming loneliness, but those things I could get over.

My father sighed and stroked his graying beard as he sat behind his desk again and spun his chair toward the window overlooking the pack lands.

He was nearing the age of retirement, had been for some time and wanted nothing more than for me to take over.

But I wasn't ready.

I needed more time.

Plus the alpha of a pack like Busan pack  had to be mated.

And I certainly wasn't ready for that.

Mostly because I couldn't find anyone I could trust and who saw me as more than just the next alpha.

"There is someone for everyone, son Of that, there is no doubt."

"The moon goddess designed us for our mates and our mates for us."

"You simply haven't found him yet."

"Dad, come on." I could only use the casual form of address behind closed doors.

"This is bullshit." It wasn't that I didn't want to be alpha.

I just knew the rules, and they said I had to be mated.

I was born to lead this pack. So, why couldn't I find my mate?

A knock at the door startled me and jerked me from my thoughts. "Come in." my dad said, waving two fingers in the air.

It must've been someone he'd expected.

My senses told me immediately who it was, my brother Jiwoo.

The beta apparent.

So, this was the game he was going to play?

Funny, I hadn't pegged my father for games before this moment.

"The fuck are you doing here?" I asked him as he strolled in like he owned the place.

"Nice to see you, too. I was asked to join this meeting by the alpha since, apparently, it involves me indirectly."

"Trust me, I'm not happy about it either but I will step up where I need to for the good of the pack."

He sat in the chair next to mine and blew out a weighted breath. I knew Jiwoo like the back of my hand.

He could act smug about this shit all he wanted, but he'd rather be out hunting or working.

He wasn't really the desk-job type.

"The beta apparent is necessary in this meeting since you are being so obstinate."

"If you refuse to do your duty and get mated and rise to the position of alpha"

"I will have no other choice but to relinquish the power to Jiwoo, who has no problem participating in the Omega Moon ceremony."

"Do you, Jiwoo?"

Jiwoo smirked. "I do not, alpha. I would be greatly blessed to receive a mate on that night and serve my pack."

What an asshole. Father was doing this on purpose. Goading me so I would give in and do what he wanted.

Fucked if I did and fucked if I didn't.

Perfect.

"I'm going to check on my own omega. I'm about done with this. I'm clearly getting nowhere with you, Son."

"Jiwoo, talk some sense into him, will you?" My father clapped Jiwoo on the shoulder before he left and shut the door behind him.

"Is your nose brown? I mean, do you need a shower after all that ass kissing?" I asked.

He barked out a laugh. "No. I'm just being a good obedient beta. Anyway, what's your deal? So you've had a few duds in the omega department."

"They can't all be that bad."

"You were born to be the alpha of this pack. You know this, dude. Grow a pair for God sake.And then use them."

"I don't want to be alpha, chained to this fucking desk, having meetings and listening to bullshit pack business all day."

"Then, what the fuck do I do?"

He shrugged and picked at his shoelace.

"Find an omega and quickly. Because whether I want to or not, brother, I will take the position of alpha if it's offered to me. I'm loyal as fuck that way."

He did not just accuse me of not being loyal. Shit. Fuck all this shit. I needed a drink.

====================================================