6

Jimin pov

"What the ever fuck?" I stood up, still half in an orgasmic haze, as the door to the store room clicked shut.

He left.

The bastard just up and walked out.

It wasn't as if I expected a ring out of the fucking experience, but some human decency would've been nice.

I could maybe understand if the sex had been horrible or even meh, but our connection had been tangible, and how we hadn't set the place on fire was beyond me.

Except maybe he did think it sucked, or he was a player which made sense, given the way he'd been so quick to get naked almost naked with me.

I pulled my jeans up and fixed my disheveled self the best I could, sneaking across the way to the rest room to see how much my appearance shouted just had sex.

Yeah, there was no way I was walking back to my post without everyone in there knowing what I'd been up to on my break.

Oh well. It would give them some thing to gossip about, and they all loved to gossip.

And really, what did it matter?

I was an adult. He was an adult.

Neither of us was drunk or coerced.

People did it all the time.

But I didn't. And all of the high from the encounter dropped like a brick.

This wasn't me, hadn't been me, and yet, I'd done it anyway.

And now, I was feeling like dirt.

Screw it.

I splashed some cool water on my face and walked back to my station.

The bar was even busier than before, which was great.

I didn't need to wallow in self-pity, and keeping busy was a good way to do that.

"Thanks, Tae." I gave him a wave that I was back, and he couldn't get out from behind the bar fast enough.

Leave it to Lisa to want the easy end of things and shove him back there.

I grabbed the bar rag and wiped the counter where he'd been working.

From the looks of things, pretty much all his drafts had foamed over. Poor guy.

"Another whiskey neat for your piece of ass, or were you his?" Lisa spoke softly, but anyone nearby could've heard easily enough.

My head snapped to the direction of his table, and, sure enough, there he sat as if nothing had happened.

"I got this." I fixed his drink and headed over, unsure what I was going to say.

He didn't make that any easier.

"That mine?" he asked as I stood there like a deer in headlights.

"Yeah. Lisa  said you needed another."

I refused to acknowledge what he'd done, what we'd done.

It was a good time and nothing more.

And I was going to keep telling myself that lie until I believed it.

"I'm a bit parched." He held his hand out for the glass, and I gave it to him, his fingers grazing mine as he locked eyes with me and very slowly licked his lips.

Was he flirting? Asking for more?

More likely, I was imagining the entire thing.

For sure, he was ignoring the elephant in the room.

"Anything else?" I asked, trying my best to sound somewhat professional at least as professional as one can be talking to a guy whose cum was in your ass.

Why are you such a dick?

"Nope." He popped the P, and, as I turned, he added, "This will do, hot stuff."

I will never understand men...ever.

I went back to work, stopping by as his drinks were depleted.

Each time, he flirted with me, and I pretended not to notice until, an hour before last call, he threw money on the table and strutted out of here with out a backward glance.

I knew I'd been watching him like a hawk from the moment he stood up.

"There's more fish in the sea." Lisa put her tray on the counter.

"You should keep the tip. You more than made up for the lack of table when you sent over the local brew instead of the piss those guys usually drink."

She pointed to the table in the corner. "They gave me a real tip today."

I hadn't realized I'd done that. Damn.

That guy had stolen too much of my brain space for the night.

"I'm glad it worked out for you." Because I wasn't going to give her more ammunition for future razzing.

I bussed his table, and, sure enough, he'd left a decent tip.

Not enough to have me feeling like a whore, but enough to say he wasn't a cheap bastard to his servers.

Interesting.

With him gone, I was able to concentrate, and, by some miracle we had the side work done by the time last call was announced and only had the floor to mop and one load of glasses to wash after the last person left.

"I got this, guys," I promised Lisa and Tae as they were counting their tips.

I didn't mind the mopping, and the chances of me getting a good night's sleep were slim to none.

Between disappointing my grandma not that she knew she should be disappointed.

But the guilt was strong with that one and the quickie in the back room.

I was going to be up second guessing my life choices anyway.

Might as well be productive.

They thanked me and went on their way as I made quick work of the job.

A count of my tips left me happy with my take.

It wasn't a ton, but it was more than the early evening had promised.

I slipped the money into Jih's locked mail/tip slot the one decent improvement Kai had made on the place in the past few years and turned off the lights.

I stepped out into the brisk evening air, and my senses stood at attention.

I couldn't lock the door fast enough and get to my car.

There was no rational reason for me being on edge all of a sudden, for feeling like prey, but I did, and it was not until I was down the street and around the corner that it started to ease.

Strangest. Night. Ever.

====================================================