25

Jungkook pov

I'd been summoned.

Like officially.

Jiwoo knocked on my door, and his posture was stiff, his shoulders tense as he commanded I meet the alpha in his office.

This was it.

This would be where my future and my mate's future and even our baby's future would be decided.

I would be civil and polite, but there would be no groveling for forgiveness and not a fucking millisecond of knuckling under.

Jimin was mine. My dad was wrong.

Period. Should be a short meeting.

My father looked up from his paper work and waved me in silently.

He stacked up the papers but didn't lean back in his chair the way he usually did when he had something to say.

"Jungkook, we need to talk about your mate and the future of this pack."

"It's not something we can just dawdle around about and give the silent treatment no matter how you and I feel about each other in this moment."

"That's what alphas do. They set aside their personal responsibilities and take care of the pack."

"Like I don't know that," I quipped back.

"I know that you do. So, let's get on with it."

He invited the argument to start by waving his hand.

"Fine. You want me to start? You almost banished me from the pack because my mate is half human like it's his fault."

"And in doing so, you are denying the divine knowledge of the moon goddess. He is my mate. He is half human. He carries my child."

"There's not a lot to argue about except to tell you again how absolutely insane it was for you to put my mate to the test."

"But again, you think you know better than our goddess."

He blew out a breath.

Where I'd expected anger in his eyes, there was remorse.

Where I'd expected rage, there was sadness.

"I had to know if he was right for you. Goddess or not, you are my son, and I wanted to know that he was right for you."

"And what is your conclusion?"

I leaned forward so he could see my eyes. I knew for a fact they were golden, meaning my wolf was near the surface.

"Jungkook, he is a dominant omega, I dare say an alpha omega."

"He won't be a good companion for someone in charge. He will always challenge you and buck up against your orders."

"And there is the concern that you are not marked. An alpha marks his mate immediately and without hesitation."

That was his real concern.

He blanketed it with omega alpha whatever bullshit, but there it was.

"Dad, I'm waiting for my omega to be ready. His father mated his mother and then fled. He doesn't know our ways, and he is trepidatious about it, and that's putting it mildly."

"I have to go with his pace on this. And I want to mark him on the full moon. Trust me, he wanted me to do it right there in the forest."

"but who marks his mate in the dirt?"

My dad let out a chuckle. "I did."

I lowered my eyes. "Oh. I didn't mean—"

"No, it's okay. I understand. We each have our own expectations of mates and those tender, intimate ceremonies. I get it."

He leaned forward and waited to make sure he had my full attention.

"Jungkook, is he really what you want? Tell me straight up, Son."

"He's all I want. Hell, I think he's all I'll ever want in the world again."

He nodded. "And you want to be the alpha of this pack?"

"I do, Dad. I want to carry your legacy, our family's legacy, and make this pack stronger by the day."

"I just didn't think there was an omega for me. But there is. I have him And to do that, I need Jimin by my side. No one else will do."

He cleared his throat and turned in his chair to look out the window.

"You know my father didn't approve of your papa either. And I remember sitting in this very office, telling him those exact words."

"That no one else would ever do, Strange that you would use those words."

"Did he ever tell you that story?"

I shook my head. He had not.

"Well, let it not be said that I'm ignoring the moon goddess' hands in our lives. You are to be the next alpha at the ceremony on the full moon."

"We will introduce you as the alpha couple. I look forward to getting to knowing jimin if he would allow it."

"And...my grandson."

Son...

Tears welled in my eyes. "He would, Dad. Thank you."

I'd come here thinking I would be banished for taking a half-shifter for an omega, and I was leaving as the future alpha and the mate of the most amazing man and a future father.

Truly, I was blessed, and I got up to show my father my gratitude.

His eyes widened. We weren't the hugging father and son that clearly we should be.

"Get up here, big guy," I teased, and he embraced me as though he hadn't seen me in a decade, squeezing my shoulders and back, and before he released me, he told me he loved me.

It may have actually been a decade since I'd heard that.

"You know, Jungkook, I kind of was beginning to think you were lazy."

"That you were not wanting the responsibilities or this life. I thought you were just screwing around to be honest."

"Dad!"

He chuckled.

"I wasn't. Those other omegas didn't make sense to me because they weren't him. They weren't Jimin."

"Now, I get it, Son. I can't wait to see you accept your role in this pack. I've never been prouder."

====================================================