9

Jungkook pov

"Hey, can I talk to you?" I asked Jiwoo at the pack bonfire a week later.

He had not found his mate the night of the Omega Moon, either.

"Yeah, what's up?" He seemed distracted by the omegas passing by.

"I..." Fuck, I couldn't even say it.

"I met someone."

"At the bar last week."

his face lit up. "Is that right? And?"

"And...we...I'm not going into details. But yeah, there it is. The thing is, my wolf is going nuts about it. He can't let it go. He's never been like this before."

His brow drew down. "Maybe it's your mate. Did you ever think of that?"

I shook my head, my eyes not focused on the fire and the dancing.

"No. He's human. But my wolf keeps chanting mate and mine. Fuck."

"He will not stop.But aren't true mates supposed to be blue? I mean, the glow?"

Jiwoo shrugged one shoulder. "A form of blue, yes. Why? You didn't see the blue?"

"No..." I purposefully didn't embellish.

No one needed to know I saw Jimin in the purple hue.

The goddess only knew what that meant.

"Well, then he is probably a non-true mate. There are plenty out there that can be mates, but only one is our true mate."

He sounded like my father when he spoke like that, but I knew from the glint in his eye it was on purpose.

"A non-true mate isn't good for anyone. It just causes issues,"

I answered, also sounding eerily like my father.

Mate. Mine. Find him. Want him.

God damn it. This wolf inside me needed to stand down.

Joon, the pack healer and a visiting friend of his passed by, and we nodded in greeting.

But as he looked at me, he stopped dead in his tracks. "Jungkook?"

I gave him my attention again. "Yeah?"

"What the fuck did you get into?" He chuckled and looked me up and down.

"It's already half done. And you just what...left him there?"

I reeled back like the healer had slapped me in the face. "What are you talking about?"

He huffed out a laugh, but I found nothing funny. "Your omega. Where is he?"

My eyes narrowed as I considered punching him just for saying that but decided otherwise.

This man might have some insight on why Jimin he appeared purple to me.

"I met a man last week on the night of the Omega Moon, and we fucked, yes, not that it's any of your business."

"But when I looked at him, I didn't see the blue."

Joon cocked his head to the side and again studied me. I squirmed under his appraisals but tried to keep a straight face.

"And what color did he present to you, alpha?"

I ignored the alpha comment. I had enough to deal with. "Purple. Like a low lavender, actually. But not blue."

Jiwoo stepped back with a gasp, and so did Joon's friend before excusing himself.

Clearly, I'd said something note worthy. Wished I knew what it was.

"Purple is the blue of an omega plus the red of the new blood inside him, Alpha. Surely, you must know this."

Surely, I did not. "New blood?"

Namjoon ticked his gaze to Jiwoo and put a fist over his mouth, probably to keep from laughing at me because I apparently didn't know jack shit about mates.

"The new blood of the baby he now bears in his body, alpha. Not only have you found your true mate, but you two created a new life together on that fine night."

"Many congratulations to you."

Jiwoo cracked up, and I was sure he had barely contained his laughter during the whole conversation.

"Congrats, man," he finally said before clapping me on the back.

"I...moon goddess above, what have I done?"

Joon grabbed me by the shoulders and ensured I was looking at him before he spoke.

"You have done what it is in our nature to do. What a blessing this is for you and our pack. Now...where is this omega of yours?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

"Well, new alpha. I suggest you go find him sooner rather than later."

====================================================