Group (Ch.37)

Okay, so I just assumed I made the team, after telling everyone I did, because, whatever. But my assumption is confirmed by the next morning.

I'm at my locker, Hannah at my side. From somewhere, I hear "hey! Miss Snitt!"

I turn, thinking its for me. Which, it is. Two of the three girls who approached me yesterday are back.

Lindsay: Remember that girl with red hair from yesterday? You got her kicked off the team!
Me: She wasn't even on the team. Returning dancers had to re-tryout anyways.

I laugh and give her a "you're really stupid" face, turning back to my locker.

Her hand lands on my shoulder. In an instant, Hannah's standing up for me.

Hannah: Hands off. Or you'll be sorry.
Lindsay: Oh really?

She smirks and gets in my face.

Lindsay: You're gonna tell my mom that you got her all off her game and you should be the one not on the team. Or-
Me: She's not off the team because her bitch factor was off. She's off because she can't do a triple turn and her technique SUCKS. Wait, can you even do a triple turn? I wasn't watching Mommy's supposedly precious little angel.
Lindsay: Last warning. Are you going to fess up to making fun of her, or do I have to tell my mom you almost broke my arm?
Me: I can assume you and your mother butt heads a lot. And I can assume she knows you have sassy teenage daughter moments, because she has to live with you. Who's she gone believe? A National champion who she's never heard of, who can act...

I cock my head and put on an innocent face and voice.

Me: ...all innocent and hurt and victimized, or you, who could just be jealous and upset?

She definitely is taken back, but doesn't back down.

Lindsay: Fine. I guess we're doing things the difficult way.

She stomps off.

Now it's Hannah's turn to be dumbfounded.

Hannah: Damn.
Me: You can learn a lot if your insulted daily.

That's all I say.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Mrs.Krad: So, it's come to my attention that you've upset a couple girls on the team.
Me: Am I allowed to have people here to vouch for me that she was lying?
Mrs.Krad: This isn't a court case. What went on? Just calmly explain and we can both go to practice.
Me: Lindsay and two other girls came up to me and got all in my face I wasn't gonna let them condescend me, so I told them my accomplishments in a maybe blunt way. One tried to trip me so I stepped on her foot to avoid it, and one threw a punch so I grabbed her arm and twisted it enough to let her know I'm not afraid of her. Today, I was at my locker and they came up to me again, telling me to tell you I was making fun of them so she was off her game or Lindsay would. And I know she told you something worse.

I look up at her, expecting the boot.

Mrs.Krad: My daughter, I've known her to be...defensive. Protective of what she has or wants. I'm gonna let this slide if you can promise this isn't going to be a problem.
Me: Why not her?! That's-
Mrs.Krad: Telling her the same thing.

I roll my eyes and agree. At dance that night, they start splitting us up into groups for dances. I'm in a lyrical, ballet, jazz, and tap group. I don't think they realize they put me in so many dances, but I'm okay with it. Most girls are only in two dances.

But the lyrical group is with Lindsay.

They teach certain groups on certain days, only two ever at a time, in case dancers being in multiple groups.