Liar Liar, Lips on Fire (Ch.13)

I can see his car sitting in the driveway halfway there, so I slow down.

As I approach the house, I can see all of the lights are off downstairs. I head to the back door and slide in.

I take my phone out and text him. "I know you lied"

"Did not"

Loudly, I stomp up the stairs. I can hear his door open, so I quicken my pace.

Tyler: You did not haul yourself down here.
Me: Yeah I did. I knew you weren't busy. Nobody else is home!
Tyler: So what?
Me: You lied! For no reason!
Tyler: So you're gonna get mad over that?
Me: How can I not?! I told you to come over and you said you were busy. And you're not!
Tyler: And you will be for a really long time.
Me: What did I tell you? Just until Saturday.
Tyler: And then a week! That's all I get?
Me: After the week or so after that week, I'll be mostly free...
Tyler: Mostly?
Me: Well, dance camp and stuff but that's only a couple hours for like 3 days a week.
Tyler: For how long?
Me: Like a month but-
Tyler: Do you hear yourself? You're gonna be busy all summer. And I don't get to have an opinion on it?
Me: You know I'm busy all year. You shouldn't be this mad.
Tyler(loud): I'm not mad!!
Me: Sounds like you are!
Tyler: You're making me mad by asking if I'm mad!
Me: What's going on with you?! You're never like this! I'm the crazy one!
Tyler: So now I'm crazy?
Me: You're impossible!
Tyler: As if you aren't?!
Me: I understand that I'm crazy, but you won't admit it!
Tyler: I'm not the one avoiding someone-
Me: You think I'm avoiding you?! You really are crazy! Why would you think I'm avoiding you?
Tyler: All through school you would dance for as many hours as you could-
Me: So I didn't have to focus on Kayla or Maddie or any of that-
Tyler: Well it's over now! How many times do I have to tell you that?

He doesn't get it. I will never get rid of that fear. I've told myself she can never hurt me a trillion times and I still have nightmares about her. I'm on the verge of tears. But I suppress them.

Me: How many nightmares am I supposed to have before I don't wake up screaming? How long until I'm not hating my sister or afraid of her? How long until my mom doesn't want to disown me?
Tyler: Stop being so delusional! Your family loves you!
Me: No, your family loves you. You guys actually don't want to kill each other on a daily basis.
Tyler: Now you're really overreacting.
Me: You know it's true. My family isn't a family.
Tyler: So you're avoiding them?
Me: Why do you care? You don't have I associate with them! I do! Everyday!
Tyler: Then just avoid then. You're really good at that.
Me: Oh, cheap shot. I told you when I would be free but you just won't have it!
Tyler: I want to spend more time with you than once every couple of days! I don't want this "oh well I have to do this this week and this that week" crap!
Me: Well I don't either but that's what it is. I don't see why you didn't see this coming.
Tyler: I didn't see you coming. Do you get that? I never expected you in my life. I never expected any of it.
Me: So? Neither did I. But it happened. I got beaten up and made fun of for like 5 months. I didn't see that coming. But it happened. Just like Chloe leaving or my parents divorce and my moms remarriage, and everything else. It happened.
Tyler: So you just think all of the things that happen just happen?
Me: Pretty much.
Tyler: You find no purpose in anything?
Me: I didn't say that. What do you want from me? I don't know how to get you to understand I'll be gone a lot this summer. I'm sorry.

I run my fingers through my hair half way, pull my hair in my fists until it hurts, then release.

Me: I don't even know why I came here. I would've been better off wondering if you lied. I'm leaving.
Tyler: Good. Go.
Me: Have fun with your fake plans. Asshole.

I start bouncing down the stairs.

Tyler: Don't call me an asshole!

I'm down the first set of stairs, ready to turn onto the second one. I feel him take my wrist. I twist it free.