Tears of Two Girls (Ch.24)

Tyler: Why are you so upset?

I hiccup so much I can't speak.

How am I supposed to go away for months, MONTHS, with strangers, and just dance. All alone? In a city I've never been to without my team?

Without him.

Months without his hugs. His kisses. Him.

Tyler: Shhh...

He pulls my arms toward him. I hug him tightly, refusing to let go, until he tries to pick me up. I release only for a couple seconds.

He sits on the bed, pushing me back a little so he can see my face. My (probably) tomato-red face.

Tyler: Why didn't you say no? If you-
Me: I didn't realize I was gonna be this upset and I didn't think about all that stuff and how could I say no? It's Broadway. Who says no to that? I mean, I would've been the first but-
Tyler: Okay okay okay. I get it. But listen. You're going to go do this and it's going to be the best thing that's ever happened to you. I'm sure it's gonna be rough, but it's gonna be great. When do you leave?

What he doesn't get is he's the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't think any dance thing could top that.

Me: Not until the new year.
Tyler: It's only what? October 3rd. You have months.
Me: Like two. And I'm gonna have to be talking and planning with them until then.
Tyler: So? It's gonna be fine. What do you want to do until then?
Me: Not go to school.
Tyler: I can't help you with that. But I can stay with you as much as you want.

I nod, putting my head on his shoulder again.

Tyler shifts to lie down, me still clinging onto him.

My phone rings for the second time today. Tyler grabs it out of my back pocket.

Tyler: It's Chloe.
Me: Don't answer it.
Tyler: Call her back later.
Me: Yes, Mom.
Tyler: It's sad that I know this, but in honor of today, lets put on this completely annoying movie that you seem to love.

What is he talking about? "In honor of today"?

It's October 3rd.

Ohhhhhh. I smile up at him.

Me: It is sad that you know that.

I don't really pay attention to the movie.

*Chloe's POV*

Why won't Mackenzie answer her phone? My god, what can she be doing?

After the calls from Larry Kartwright, she went home straight away. Well, I mean, she didn't have to stick around. She probably went to Rock's or something.

Aaaaand that explains why she wouldn't answer her phone.

Mmkay. Well. What to do, what to do?

BANG BANG BANG on my door.

Me: It's open!

In comes a crying Clara.

Me: Hey, you know it was your first audition ever. You'll-
Clara: I'm not upset about that! How can you leave me? Again! And Mackenzie too? You're gonna leave me with Mom and Dad and it's gonna be all horrible again.

She had to be upset?

Guilt bombs the size of Texas are being dropped right about now.

This sucks.

Mackenzie better not call me back any time soon.

*Mackenzie's POV*

I roll over, curled up in a blanket. Without Tyler next to me.