Fight...? (Ch.5)

I start writing a journal of all my dreams. Each night they range from completely horrifying to just a little creepy.

Along with these journal entries, I write how many hours of sleep I get. Within 1 week, someone my age should get around 60. I got around 37.

BANG BANG BANG on my door, making me jump. Quickly, I throw the notebook I've been writing in under my bed.

Me: What?! It's open.

Mom comes in.

Mom: Are you coming or not?
Me: Why is there booty camp already?
Mom: Because if you want to keep your spot on the team, you're gonna have to go with Chloe and Kendall and Nia and Paige. Abby's down a dancer since Brooke is graduating the ALDC next week. Maddie may not even make it.

She looks almost depressed about that. I roll my eyes.

Me: Like crap she won't lose her spot. You would sue Abby to make sure she got to stay.
Mom: Just get in the car.

I grab my bag, and as I pass her, she pushes me hard. I nearly hit the wall.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Abby: Aaaaand one and two and three and four and...finish.

I roll up to my feet, finishing the combo just like every one of the other four dancers did.

Wow. There's only five of us right now. It was six. Then Kendall joined and made us 7. Now five. We've danced with five before, but now Brooke's really gone, and it feels real.

Abby: You're all gonna have to be at your best to keep your spot. My lucky number is seven and has been since Kendall got here. I'm not going down to six now. Or even five if Maddie doesn't return.

I suppress eye-rolling. She'll be back on the team, damn.

Abby: When I have auditions you all have to scare the living day lights out of the auditioning dancers. Got it?

We mumble a yes.

Abby: Alright. You all have class to go to. Goodbye.

We all head to whatever class we have. Most of us have ballet but Chloe is schedules for acro instead. I guess she does have to get her flexibility back up.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day is a free day for me. After another horrific night, all I wanna do is be with Tyler. But I don't bring up anything about my dreams to him.

We're sitting on his bed, watching TV. And I'm so tired, I can barely stay awake. I'm working on about three hours of sleep, and Tyler can tell, yet again, that something is up.

Me: So what? I'm tired.
Tyler: Because you can sleep for like hours on end up until the past couple of weeks. You're a bundle of energy, but you're falling asleep and it's not even 12:30.
Me: So what? I was at the studio late last night.
Tyler: Fine. Stop telling me things.

Is he actually getting mad over this? I sit up.

Me: Why? Am I supposed to tell you every little thing that goes on in my life? Like 'oh I decided to wear a grey tank top today!'?
Tyler: No. Why are you getting pissed?
Me: Why are you getting pissed?
Tyler: I am not getting pissed!
Me: Sure seems like it.
Tyler: Well I'm not.
Me: Oh really?
Tyler: Yeah, actually. Not a lot of things make me mad, if you haven't noticed.
Me: I seriously doubt that.
Tyler: Why?
Me: Because. I just know.
Tyler: How? Do you know everything? No.
Me: I know enough to know you're lying.
Tyler: You're lying to me! What's the difference?
Me: I'm just not telling you things. How is that lying?
Tyler: You're acting like everything this fine. And you're not fine. And you're just gonna go off and pretend like it is.
Me: So what if that's true? Which it isn't!
Tyler: It is true! You haven't been sleeping. And I can tell. You used to be able to sleep on rocks.
Me: Well oh well. Whatever.