Chapter 26: He Is Hurt

Delhi, India

It was the night before Manvi's exam. She was busy revising but the incident was still bothering her. She closes her eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath. Her anxiety had increased.

As she had occupied the whole bed Aarav was sitting on the chair and doing his office work. He glanced at her and asked "nervous?"

She looks up at him and denies "nahi"

He stands up and goes to her. He picks up all her books and places them back on the study shelf. She said "are par main revise kr rhi thi na"

He turns towards her and replies "raat ke 2 bajh rahe hai subah 9 baje exam hai.. Waise bhi ab kuch yaad karogi toh jo yaad hai wo bhi bhool jaogi isliye soh jao"

Aarav turns off the lights and Manvi sighed deeply. She lays down on her side and tries to sleep but her mind thinking about the exam.

Aarav said "itna mat socho please.. Subah bhagwan ka naam leke jaogi aur ek dum shant mann se exam dogi toh acha hoga"

She tilts her towards him and said "papa bhi yahi kehte they lekin...."

He smiled and said "janti ho.. Tum bahut strong ho itne failures ke baad bhi koshish krti ho haar nahi maan rahi aur dekhna iss baar tum safal hogi"

She silently looks at him with a fixed gaze while he turns his face to the other side. She smiles and closes her eyes.

The next morning, Manvi gets up at 5 am to do the final revision. She didn't want to disturb his sleep so went to the terrace taking her books. Two hours pass by and she ends up taking a nap.

Aarav opens his eyes and looks beside him. He finds her missing, he sees the bathroom door open "ye kahan hai"

He gets off the bed and searches for her. He comes downstairs and sees everyone busy with their daily routine.

Pooja asked "duggu.. Bahu uthi nahi abtak? Ek ghante mein exam hai na uska"

"haan maa usko hi dundh raha hun.. Pata nhi kaha gyi" he said looking around.

"upar chatt pe gayi hogi shayad.." Nandini suggested.

Aarav rushes to the terrace and finds her sleeping on the chair itself. He smiles and said "Manvi... Utho exam hai ek ghante mein"

She opens her eyes with a jerk "kyaa? Haaye ram

She opens her eyes with a jerk "kyaa? Haaye ram... aaj toh gayi main"

She quickly runs down to get ready. Within 20 minutes, she comes to the courtyard running late.

She takes blessings from elders.. Nandini feeds her "dahi shakar"

While Pooja rolls Paratha and hands to her. "thank you maa..'

"all the best beta.." Karan wishes her.

Aarav horns.. "jaldi"

Manvi moves out of the house and sits on the bike. She places her hand on his shoulder and he dozes off to her exam center.