Chapter 25: Apologies

Delhi, India

Manvi was still alarmed with the other day's incident. Her day at the coaching center was over. She had called Aarav and he had told her that he would reach in about 20 minutes. She would be left alone at the center by then. Just when she was thinking about the same , she received a call from Nitya.

"Haan Nitya"

"Kaise hai?" Nitya asked.

"Main tujhe hi yaad kar rahi thi" Manvi said.

"Achha? Toh fir itne din ho gaye tune mujhse baat kyun nahi ki?" Nitya asked.

Manvi hid her side of the story, she didn't want to share her pain, her side of the story.

"Arey ab galati se hi sahi lekin itna achha sasural mila hai mujhe, ghar pe Maa se bhi baat karne ka time nahi milta mujhe, aur toh aur tujhe toh yaad hoga hi mere exams aa rahe hain na" Manvi explained.

Nitya sensed that something was definitely wrong with her and she was lying.

"Haan ye toh hai, tere exams hain"she said.

"Tu bata, tu toh aise kho gayi hai U.S.A mein ki kisi ki yaad hi nahi aati" she asked.

"Haan, vo university aur fir chota sa job bhi liya hai na time hi nahi milta" Nitya lied.

"Nitya ek baat bata, tune Aniket sab sach bata diya kya?" Manvi asked.

"Nahi, aisa kuch nahi hai Manvi, kyun usne kuch kaha tujhse?" Nitya lied.

"Nahi vo phone aaya tha uska, mujhse puch raha tha, teri kasam bhi di usne toh maine sab sach bata dia usay" Manvi informed her.

"Oh, koi baat nahi, ek na ek din toh ye sach usay pata chalna hi tha" Nitya said, gulping a lump down her throat.

Manvi sensed that she was hiding something and there was definitely something wrong with her.

Both the sisters knew that they were lying to each other and they also knew that the other had definitely sensed it.

"Chal Mannu mujhe koi aawaz de raha hai main rakhti hun" Nitya said and disconnected the call. She couldn't further act about being okay. Tears floated off her eyes.

Meanwhile, Aarav was also there. She smiled seeing him there. She waved to him and then walked to him. Manvi wasn't able to sit properly as her hand was a little injured from last night's incident. Aarav helped her sit in the backseat.

Manvi remembered the previous day's episode. She closed her eyes for a moment trying to forget it.

"Kas kar pakdo biwi warna gir jaogi" he said looking at her from the side mirror. Aarav said this to make her smile and it worked, she did smile and also held him tight.

Manvi started imagining herself and Aarav as Hema Malini and Rajesh Khanna of the movie Andaaz seated on a bike.

Zindagi ek safar hai suhana

Yahan kal kya ho kisne jaana

Arey o leiyo leiyo, oleiyo leiyo

Oleiyo leiyo, oleiyo leiyo

She imagined them in the same attire as the actors. She saw him holding her closely and she smiled at it.

Chand taaron se chalna hai aage

Asmaanon se badna hai aage.

Pichhe reh jayega yeh zamana

Chupke Chupke (Completed) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें