Chapter 11: Pre Wedding Rituals

There were just a couple of days left before the wedding and the wedding rituals were to begin. It was the day of the mehndi and sangeet ceremony. The family had arrived at the banquet hall. The sangeet night was organized by Aniket and Nitya. They had planned a special performance for everyone. Nitya and Aniket had even invited Manvi and Aarav for rehearsals but one or the other always denied or made an excuse.

The Malhotras and Wadhvas were at the banquet hall. It was all decorated taking suggestions of Manvi and Aarav. Indirectly it was them planning their own wedding. Nitya and Aniket were smart enough to get them involved in this wedding.

Manvi was sitting between everyone right in front of the stage. A few girls were applying Mehendi to her and also other ladies. A few minutes later spotlights fell on the stage and Nitya and Aniket appeared on the stage with a smile.

"Swagatam Swagatam aaj main Nitya" said Nitya

"Aur main Aniket" joined Aniket.

"Hum dono aap sabhi ka bharpoor entertainment karne wale hain" they said in unison.

"Bhabhi, aaiye sabse pehle hum aapko aapke naye Parivar se milwate hain" said Aniket.

"Toh dil thaam ke baith Mannu, tujhe apne nai family se milne ka mauka mil raha hai haan" Nitya said with a wide smile.

The curtains dropped, and Anita and Sharad were in front of them.

"Toh suno Manvi, ab tum jinse milogi vo hain, humari pyari jeejhi aur jijaji " said Anita

"Haan Manvi beta zara ye bhi dekh lo tumhare saas sasur bhala kaise hain" said Sharad, they left the stage.

The curtains opened and everyone saw Nitya and Aniket dressed in the same way as Anoop and Pooja.

Mere dil mein aaj kya hai

Tu kahe to main bata du

Na chahu sona chandi

Na chahu heera moti

Ye mere kis kam ke

Na mangu bangla gadi

Na mangu ghoda gadi

Ye to hai bas naam ke

Deti hai dil de

Badle mein dil ke

Deti hai dil de

Badle mein dil ke

Aniket performed as Anoop trying to flirt with Nitya who was dressed as Pooja, later Anoop too joined him in the dance, and then Pooja came up to pull their ears. But then she joined them in the dance and performed.

Jhooth bole

Are jhooth bole kauwa kate

Kale kauwe se dario

Mai maike chali jaungi

Tum dekhte rahiyo

Main maike chali jaungi

Tum dekhte rahiyo

The curtains dropped again and then Sharad and Anita again appeared there.

"Hmm Manvi beta, dekha, apne saas sasur ko, kaise jhagadte rehte hain hmm" Anita said.

"Lekin ab baari hai tumhare romantic saas sasur ki" Sharad said.

"Hmm, yaane ki tumhare choti maa aur chote papa ki"

The curtains dropped and a while later the curtains opened again. Aniket and Nitya were dressed as Karan and Nandini.