Chapter 20: At Party

Delhi, India

Malhotra Niwas

Aarav was amazing hearing that she is getting ready for the party. He questions "lekin kal toh tumne mana kiya tha?"

"Haan lekin ab mera mann badal gaya! Tumhe chalna hai ki main badlun?" she asked.

"Haa.. haa main aata hun change karke" he said and turns with a smile on his face.

He moves to the bathroom and freshens up. After a while, he comes out and there was a black three-piece suit kept on the bed. He looks at her and said "main ye pehnunga?"

"Obviously! Tumhari choice bahut hi bekar hai! Party mein yahi pehenke jao aur mere saath jaa rahe ho toh choice matters" she replies setting her hairs.

"Par mujhe pasand nahi hai! Ye toh maine maa ko kaha tha Ani ko de dena" he said.

"Tabhi toh kah rahi hun! It's office party lagna chahiye na newly promoted architect ho!" Manvi replies.

Aarav sighed, Manvi moves out of the room while Aarav wears it.

Manvi comes downstairs and takes blessings from Nandini and Pooja. Pooja smiles "meri bahu ko kisiki nazar na lage.." she places black mascara behind her ear.

"Sach mein bhabhi! Ab tum saath jaogi toh kamsekam Aarav aadhe gante mein wapas toh nahi laut aayega.." Nandini replies.

Manvi looks at her and smiles. Aarav steps down and sees everyone staring at him from head to toe with wide eyes.

"Toh finally janab ka suit teen saal baad nikal hi gaya" Karan comments

"Chote papa please.." he said. He wears his shoes and moves out of the house. He sits on the bike and Manvi tries to sit behind him but the saree was making her uncomfortable.

Aarav said "Apna pallu upar karo phir baitho"

Manvi follows and sits behind. She places her hand on his shoulder and he dozes off towards the party hall.

Aarav looks at her through the mirror as she was looking beautiful or maybe for the first time he had actually looked at her in that way. He stops the bike and Manvi gets down. Aarav parks the bike and both of them enter the hall together.

Aarav's colleague meet him and said "Aarav! Tumne toh kaha tha tum nahi aaoge?"

"Haa.. wo bas" he paused.

"Are aise kaise nahi aata? Ab toh biwi aa gayi hai! Biwi ki baat koi taal sakta hai kya? Kyun bhabhiji?" other said looking at Manvi.

Manvi smiles in reply. His colleagues pull him towards the bar counter while Manvi remains standing still at her place.

"Isliye mujhe pasand nahi hai parties.." she sighed deeply.

She moves around and then hears a conversation with some people.