42- How About Last Night?

Jeremy

"Guess who?" I asked while sneaking up on Hailey and putting my hands against her sight. My nose was pleasantly surprised by how wonderful her skin smelt.

While it probably wasn't the best idea, my heart felt like it was. My stomach felt like it was going to explode while attempting to pull this off. In the end, I was glad that I listened to my heart. And it seemed like Hailey was also glad that my heart was being paid attention to.

"I don't know," she giggled. "I'm guessing Jeremy."

Just like that, she grabbed my hands and lightly pushed me against the wall of the school as those around her watched what was going on. Hailey wasted no time in poking my stomach a couple of times while being able to keep me against the wall with a vibrant smile. She was obviously glad to see me. My head was also glad as it went numb for a few seconds.

"You know like I actually saw you from behind me a couple of minutes ago." Without hesitation, the girl placed her bucket hat on my head and the giggling turned into laughter.

"So, you're saying that I need to learn to be sneakier if I want to surprise you?"

"Absolutely. But keep in mind that it'll never happen. Like, I always notice you every day before school. You know, like the way you always look at me, and somehow you think that I don't notice." Hailey's face quickly turned red as she glared to the ground while biting those lips of hers. Clearly, what she said shocked her. There was no need for me to surprise her.

"What? Not even. I have not once ever looked at you before school."

She placed her sight back on me as her pointer finger found itself on my nose. "Sure Jeremy, Sure."

After that moment, my body was no longer against the wall. Those who were surrounded by Hailey were in laughing mode. Hannah was among those people as she gave my shoulder a light fist bump.

"We probably should leave the two of you alone," Hannah claimed. Just like that, we were alone as Hannah made her way like a puppy toward Hector who was making his way inside. Guess she couldn't forget about the kiss they shared at the party. Really, who could forget something like that?

"So," I began not really sure what to say as it literally was just the two of us. "How about last night?"

"Oh yeah. Definitely." A giant smile took over the girl's face. "Like, I had a lot of fun. Maybe next time you can plan out the date." Licking her lips, her sight was back on the ground for a brief moment. "Like, you must have some interesting things that you like doing."

"Of course." Did my ears deceive me? The word "date" actually had come out of her mouth? Did we actually go on a date? "I know the perfect place. It's right up both of our alleys. Or at least, I'm pretty sure it is." A nervous laugh took control. Sweat was falling from my forehead. My body was moments away from trembling and falling to the ground. Why was something this amazing happening to me?

Hailey grabbed my arm and we headed inside the building. Her hat was still on me. Something told me that Hailey would probably want me to wear the hat for the rest of the day. It was fine. The flowers on that hat must've been real. They smelled intoxicatingly amazing.

"We don't have any classes together, do we?" she asked as I spotted Ted from a distance who leaned against a locker. It looked like he was definitely watching us. If anything, he'd want to steal the hat.

"No, but didn't we have a couple of classes together last year?"

"Yeah, I remember that." It seemed her voice became a little sad. "Funny, I actually share a class with your friend Emma. Pretty sure she hates that class. Like, I actually don't mind it."

Ring! Yes, the bell had rung. It was time to head to the first period. Where did the time go? Usually, it felt like there was more time between the time I got off the bus and first period. Time flies when you're having fun I suppose. Really, it was Hailey's fault for the speedy time.

"What's your first period?" she asked before we went our separate ways?

"Got Mr. Hymn. Emma and I actually presented our end of the year speeches a couple of days ago." My brain couldn't remember if I had brought this up on our date. It didn't matter. I just wanted to spend more time with her. My ears wanted to hear what Hailey had to say.

"Yeah, Mr. Hymn is an interesting guy." She let out a vibrant smile. "No joke. Like, I was actually scheduled for that class for first period at the end of last school year. My schedule was all set until Ted complained to the guidance counselor about my schedule. Of course, I got him back. Because of me, he's taking ballet as an elective. The damn joke is on him now."

We both found ourselves laughing at the misfortune of Ted who seemed to be getting closer to us. It almost seemed like he was waiting for Hailey to take off. Was a toilet dunk on the menu for this morning?

"Well, like I guess I'll see you during lunch," she said. "Meet me in front of the cafeteria?"

It sounded like a plan and it was agreed to. Just like that, Hailey placed a kiss on my cheek and took off leaving me with her floral hat with the pleasant smells of flowers. My mind was racing at the thought of Hailey kissing my cheek. Did she actually do that? No joke? Of course, this was no time for ogling. Ted was making a journey towards me. Zam! My legs blasted into first period. Finding my seat, girls were giggling and making comments about what I was wearing, but I didn't care. Where was Emma?

WOW! Things are getting real between Jeremy and Hailey. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to comment and vote!

Are you surprised that Jeremy was able to talk to Hailey?

Does it seem like Hailey is really into Jeremy?