31- All The Small Things

Jeremy

This was crazy. Hailey actually offered me a ride. My butt was actually sitting in the front passenger seat. I was right next to Hailey. As she got in the car and took off like a roadrunner, my nose was delighted with a wonderful smell that smelt like flowers. It must have been her perfume. Hailey wears perfume. Never would've guessed that one in a million years. Somehow, her skin perfectly glowed inside the car. I had to quietly remind myself to take deep breaths and swallow every few seconds.

"I hope you didn't have any breakables in your backpack," stated Hailey wanting to start a conversation.

Checking my backpack, I realized the new Blink 182 CD was in there and it was pulled out. "Everything looks good." The CD was completely unharmed. No need to buy a new album.

"Wait a minute!" shouted Hailey in excitement who took her sight off the road for a few seconds. "Is that the new Blink 182 Album? Say it aint so?"

"Yeah," I couldn't help but laugh. "Came out yesterday. I actually bought it yesterday, but haven't had the chance to listen to it yet."

"Oh my gosh! Like, I love Blink 182! They are literally one of the best bands out there! I can't tell you how much I loved their last album! Like, I actually saw them in concert twice! Dude, they are amazing live!" There was so much enthusiasm coming out of Hailey's mouth. Who knew she had so much passion for a band?

"Well, what are we waiting for? Throw that CD in the CD player and let's give it a listen. Go to track eight first. I heard good things about that song." This was the first time I'd seen a car with a CD player installed on it.

Just like that, the CD was inserted and I began to search for the eighth track. Part of me wondered why I hadn't listened to this new album yet. Who doesn't listen to a new CD after they buy it? Once I got to the eighth track, the song began playing and my ears immediately loved the sounds of the instruments that were playing before the song played.

"All the small things

True care, truth brings

I'll take one lift

Your ride, best trip"

My ears loved the noises in the background all the more. Crap, I seriously needed to get to the music studio at the school and make some background noises like this. Maybe Hailey could help out.

"Say it ain't so, I will not go."

At that very second, Hailey began to sing along which caused me to freeze at how amazing her voice was. It almost felt like she was naturally part of the song.

"Turn the lights off,

Carry me home."

Without hesitation, she punched me in the shoulder and instructed me to sing along with her. The next part was incredibly easy.

"Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na."

Who knew saying na-na a million times could be fun? Yes, getting into the car, I was a nervous wreck with a hurting body. Slowly, that nervousness was dying. In fact, even though I was hearing this song for the first time, I felt like I knew it. Maybe I already had heard it on MTV or something. Because I felt like I knew the song, my hands started tapping and making a beat on my knees. With a pointer finger, Hailey moved it around and continued singing.

"Late night come home,

Work sucks, I know

She left me roses by the stairs

Surprises let me know she cares."

"Ready?" asked Hailey as she quickly paused the song. What did she want me to be ready for?"

"Say it ain't so, I will not go

Turn the lights off, Carry me home."

While she sang, the girl began shaking her head around like she was in a rock band. That hair was moving all over the place as the road wasn't getting enough attention. Yes, our lives were likely at risk, but I just didn't care. Every part of me had the urge to do exactly what she was doing. Sure, my hair wasn't as long as hers, but it definitely wasn't short. And so, my head shook along. While doing so, I sang along with her in perfect sync. It was as if I were made for this very moment in time.

Eventually, the song came to an end and Hailey threw it back to the first track with the volume down. She found herself laughing with a set of messed-up hair. Somehow, the messed-up hair made her look hotter. The girl could easily rock a look that screams I just got out of bed if she wanted to.

"Nice job Jeremy," she complimented while giving me a fist bump. "You got the moves, don't you?"

"Not as much as you and your hair." Did I really just say that? Who cares?

The girl snickered with a large and bright smile.

"So, you're really into music, aren't you?" I casually asked.

"Oh my gosh, yes!" She excitedly responded. "Like, I love me some Nirvana and Green Day. Damn it, I love Green Day!" With every passing second, Hailey was speaking faster and with passion. "Last year, I actually tried writing this song called 'American Moron.' Believe it or not, I personally mailed it to their frontman, Billie Joe. Never got a response until I went to a meet and greet at one of their concerts. Billie himself told me that the song sucked.

We both found ourselves laughing together at Hailey's misfortune. It seemed like she didn't let it bother her that Billie Joe hated her song. If she liked it, that was all that mattered. Sadly, after asking if she could sing it for me, the request was denied several times. Eventually, she gave in and started singing while I tried to make noise on my knees and chest.

"Don't wanna be an American Moron

Don't want a country under the stupid media

And can you hear the sound of riots?"

Seems like things are off to a good start with Jeremy and Hailey. Thanks for reading! Remember to comment and vote!

How are you feeling about Jeremy and Hailey?