15- Spinning Bottles

Emma

Sigh. A game that involved Hailey? Couldn't we do something else? Anything? At that point, I almost wished I could've been drunk. The two of us followed Hector upstairs to what appeared to be a guest room.

There weren't too many of us. As it turned out, it was me, Jeremy, Hector, Hailey, three of her friends, Melissa, and last, but very least, Ted. Who the heck organized this? This had to be the work of Hector. Whatever. It was nice to actually meet Melissa though. Oddly enough, she reeked a little of alcohol. Not too much.

"Hello," I began to introduce myself. "I'm Jeremy's friend Emma." We both shook hands.

"Well, hey there Emma, I'm Melissa. You got quite a friend with Jeremy." She began to giggle a bit. "I love your hair," the new girl continued. "You'll have to teach me how you do your hair sometime."

My cheeks found themselves blushing. "Oh, you know, it's just the good old fashion shampoo. Nothing special." Melissa continued to laugh. Was she actually drunk? If she was or not, she had an amazing laugh. "You know, I always loved the name, Melissa. It's such a beautiful name."

"Yeah, it's fine. In my opinion, it's too long of a name."

Somehow, she brought up an interesting point. Maybe it was too long of a name. There were plenty of other good names in the world that were short. My name included.

"What about Anna?" It was perfect. "Yeah, maybe I'll name my future daughter Anna."

After agreeing with me, the poor girl almost fell to the floor and appeared to have a random throbbing headache. Some efforts were made to take a few deep breaths. During this time, something interesting was noticed. A red mark on her arm was forming. And just as it began to form, it left. The headache was gone and she was back to her normal self.

"Alright," spoke Ted. "If we're not waiting on anyone else to come or go, we can start this game." Something told me that Ted was somehow referring to wanting Jeremy to leave as they exchanged awkward glances. Something probably would've happened between them if Hailey wasn't in the room.

With that, we all found ourselves sitting in a circle. My eyes couldn't take themselves off, Melissa. There was something interesting about her, but I couldn't place my finger on what it was exactly. Something inside of me wanted to spend the entire night talking and getting to know her. For some reason, it was getting in my head that I had tidbits of knowledge to share with her. This was getting a little strange.

"Alright," Hailey began speaking with a vibrant smile. "We have an interesting bunch of random people in this room. Why don't we go around and introduce ourselves?"

"What?" shouted Ted. "Why? I seriously know everyone in this damn room. Hell, I could introduce everyone myself. Damn, what a freakin' stupid idea."

"Well, do you know that girl over there?" She was pointing towards Melissa. Nope, Ted in fact was not aware of who this interesting person was. Of course, Ted was silent and shook his head no. "So, shut up Ted. You obviously don't know everyone in this room."

Hailey wanted to start with Melissa. It was a wise choice to piss off Ted. Maybe Hailey wasn't that bad after all.

"Hello, I'm Melissa. Do you need my last name? I'm not sure what it is at the moment. I'm having a hard time remembering things right now for some reason."

"No," Hailey happily claimed. "It's fine, but we're glad you're here Melissa.

After we all greeted Melissa, Ted rolled his eyes. It appeared we were going counterclockwise with me being the next one to introduce myself. Following me was Jeremy who struggled a few times to share his name. After him, came a confident Hector followed by a clearly irritated Ted. Once Ted finished, it was on to Hailey.

The final people were friends of Hailey. They introduced themselves as Gina, Hannah, and Lana. It was at that moment, that it came to my realization that Emily wasn't with us. She must've gotten lost with the alcohol. Once we introduced ourselves, we could finally start with whatever this game was.

"Alright," pressed forward Hailey ready to get things started. "Hector suggested that we play a game of Spin the Bottle." Of course, he did. "I'll let him explain the rules."

"Thanks, Hailey," spoke Hector. "The rules are actually pretty simple." An empty beer bottle was placed in the middle of the circle. "Someone starts off by spinning this bottle. Once it stops, you have to kiss or hug the person the bottle landed on."

"Question," interrupted Jeremy. "When you say kiss, you mean to actually kiss that person on the lips?" Yeah, he seemed nervous.

Hector couldn't help but laugh. "No dude, you can also kiss that person on the cheek. And like I said, you can also give the person a hug. Hell, you can shake hands if you really want to. But doesn't a good old fashion kiss sound sweet?"

Was there an option to leave the room and not play? Seriously, where was Emily? With Ted in the room, there was a chance that our lips could meet. That was the last thing a girl like me wanted. With the angry look, Ted was giving me, I'm sure he probably felt the same way. Of course, there was only one thing worse than me kissing Ted.

"Okay," my thought was interrupted by Hector. "I guess I'll spin first." It only made sense for him to go first. Closing my eyes with an almost sick stomach, the bottle was spun. Swish! In what felt like forever, the bottle was slowing down and landed. Who did it land on? Opening up my eyes again, it wasn't me. It was Hannah.

"Alright, looks like I get to kiss Hannah." Hannah seemed pretty excited at the fact as a large grin and giggle let loose.

Hector made his way towards Hannah and they both kneeled. This was the moment. Feeling the back of her head, both of their lips met and they definitely went at it for a good minute. It seemed like they both lost control and were really into the moment. Before long, Hannah placed her fingers underneath Hector's shirt and began feeling him. Someone needed to put a stop to this. Anyone.

"Get a room," Ted came to the rescue. "Your time is up. Let's move on."

With that, their passionate moment came to an end. It was Hannah's turn to spin that bottle. Who was it going to land on? I'm sure she'd love for it to land on Hector.

That was quite an interesting chapter! Stay tuned to see if anything will happen between Jeremy and Hailey. Thanks for reading. Don't forget to comment and vote!

Have you ever played Spin the Bottle?

Will Jeremy and Hailey end up kissing?