6- Fall From the Sky

Emma

It was a strange Tuesday. At lunch, I couldn't talk to Jeremy, because he was in his stupid music club that happened once a week. It wouldn't surprise me if they were all geeking out over the new Blink 182 CD.  Desperately, we needed to talk. We needed to talk about that presentation. Of course, that wasn't possible at the moment. Couldn't this day end sooner? If only it could.

During my last period in drama class, I noticed Hailey sitting in her usual social circle. It looked like she had been having a rough day as well. Clearly, there had been some tears. One could only hope that tomorrow would be a better day for her as well. A thought quickly dawned on me. Maybe I could somehow befriend her. Was it possible she needed a friend like me? That idea seemed possible once the bell rang. Without thinking, my body made it's way up towards her, but somehow there wasn't enough room for the two of us to exit.

"I'm sorry. You first," the girl offered with a fake smile.

Alright, perhaps the idea was dead. This person showed no interest in talking right now.

"You okay?" asked Emily who met up with me after school only a minute after leaving the classroom.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Something inside of me knew things would be better tomorrow. "I'd be better if I didn't have to take the bus. You still down to go work on the car today?"

"Well duh, of course, I am," she smiled. "Let's go." With that, we rushed off to her car.

Jeremy

During lunch, I hung out with ten other fellow students in our school music studio. Everyone except me had gathered in the microphone room and sung around the couple of microphones that we had. With the end of school around the corner, it seemed like everyone just wanted to sing songs. I couldn't do that. Instead, I sat at the sound board looking at everything that was on it.

"You doing alright?" asked Hector who found a seat next to me.

"I don't know. It's been a weird day. Emma is pissed off at me because I edited our essay, we wrote for Mr. Hymn. Hymn wasn't crazy about it."

"Is she pissed at you for editing the paper or is it possible that it could be something more? After all, wasn't it supposed to be a paper about something that highlights your time growing up?" Hector had an interesting point. "You know, Hailey and I wrote about the time we sang for the veterans back in eighth grade. She met Ted on that trip. Of all places."

Crap, I had completely forgotten about that day. That was the first day I was aware of Hailey. Our conversation didn't last as I successfully moved it to a discussion about Blink 182. He wasn't excited as I was about the new album.

The moment school ended, my feet rushed to the parking lot and quickly spotted my bike exactly where I left it. It seemed that school was becoming the new home for my crappy bike. It really needed a good tune-up. Too bad my money was going towards a new CD. With all my might, my feet had to push on the pedals in hopes that the bike wouldn't die on me.

"Stupid bike," was all I could say.

Within a short couple of minutes, my bike had approached Dave's Music Shop. Chills went down my spine knowing what was about to happen. The moment of anticipation was about to happen. Blink 182 would soon be mine. With my bike parked in the bike rack, my hands were on the door. Crash! Something from the sky landed in the basket of the bike. It was a strange rectangular object.

"Oh snap," was my response.

What the heck was this thing? There was a strange noise coming out of it. It almost sounded like a song.

"All teenagers scare the livin' sh** out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes, or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me."

A song about being afraid of teenagers? Not to mention it was the censored version. It was an interesting sound. Was this some kind of music player? Was it safe? My fingers lightly touched it. Oh wow! Whatever this was, it felt smooth. My thumb found a little circle at the bottom. A second later, a message was received. 'Try Again.' And again, my thumb tried. Up came a passcode that needed to be entered. Taking a guess, my fingers punched in '1,2,3,4,5,6.' Just like that, it was accepted. Immediately, the screen took me to where the song was playing.

"My Chemical Romance? Interesting. Must be a new band. I'm surprised that I haven't heard of them."

Once the song finished, my thumb skipped through a couple more songs until nothing was playing anymore. Weird. My thumb didn't hesitate to press the circle again. Bam! Up came a bunch of squares on the screen. One square was blue and had a white 'f' on it. Another square was yellow with a ghost on it. This was certainly more interesting than Blink 182.

Looking at the very top left of this object, there were only two white bars. What did that mean? On the other side, it appeared to be a battery that was mostly charged. If anything was for sure, it was that this was definitely a music player. Was it possible to put CDs in this thing? Was that how my own ears were able to listen to a song about teenagers being scary? Maybe Dave had this new album from My Chemical Romance. The only way to find out was to ask Dave.

Putting the object in my pocket, an entrance was made. Dave was spotted within a few seconds. He appeared to have a box full of CDs of the new Blink 182 Album.

"You here for the new album?" He asked placing the box on the floor about ready to hand me the new album. "It's a pretty sweet new album."

"I was, but do you guys have any albums from this band called My Chemical Romance. They have this interesting song about teenagers."

The man looked at me as if I were a crazy person.

"Can't say that I have. Are they a local garage band or something? Maybe I can look in the back and double-check? But I doubt we would have anything like that."

"It's fine, it's just that I heard this song. It had an interesting sound." Dang, this was going to be really hard to explain to Dave. My mind was barely comprehending the music device that fell from the sky. If anything, he would take it away from me and call the police or something. "You know, can I just buy the new Blink 182 Album? That's what I came here for anyway."

"Of course, dude." Once the album was handed over, we walked on over to the cash register to pay for it and Dave began singing. "Say it ain't so, I will not go." It sounded like one of the new songs on the album.

Things have taken a turn! Remember to comment and vote!

Do you have an iPhone?

What is this thing that fell from the sky? Is it an iPhone? lol

Have you heard of My Chemical Romance?