Chapter 66: Story Time With Olivia😍

Olivia's POV

"Gally, glad to see you made it back. Jasper told me what happened," a man greeted Gally.

"It was a slaughter. There's nothing we could do against those guns," Gally replied.

"No, but they can only poke the nest so long before they get stung," a man masked by shadows observed as he brought a flower up to his nose to smell. Except he seemed to be lacking a nose... "Now who are these people? Why are they here?"

"We need to get into WCKD. Gally said you can get us through those walls," Thomas spoke up.

"Gally should know better than to make promises that he can't keep. Besides, that wall is only half your problems. Getting inside WCKD is impossible."

"There might be a way now. But it doesn't work without Thomas," Gally said.

"Is that so?" Lawrence asked.

He slowly walked into the light, illuminating his face - if you could call it that. He seemed to just about be holding onto sanity, before the Flare Virus took him. Blue liquid - that I knew to be a temporary Cure - was attached to him by a tube to prevent him going through the Changing for as long as possible.

"Do you know what I am, Thomas?" he questioned.

"Someone who woke feeling a little..." I pause to look him up and down, "Cranky?" I knew I should have stayed quiet, but the chance to get Tia, that bitch, into trouble was too good of an opportunity to miss.

I didn't hate her because she was dating Gally. No. I hated her because she treated people horribly, purposely went out of her way to make me jealous that she had Gally and I didn't, completely brushed over everything I went through, saying it didn't matter, saying-

Gally, who I didn't realise was by my side until now, pulled me out of my thoughts by lightly hitting my side.

"Liv!" he hissed.

"Ah, you must be the famous Olivia," Lawrence turned his attention to me. I've heard a lot about you from Gally, you know. You always get brought up in conversation whenever I'm talking to Gally. Even now, when he's dating Tia." He gave a small, satisfied smirk to the girl. Did he not like her or something? "You know, you're even more beautiful in person." He took a step toward me and tried to stroke my cheek, but I swatted his hand away.

"Get the fuck off me!" I yelled, not even realising I had subconsciously pressed myself into Gally's side.

"Olivia, don't be rude," Newt scolded, frowning. "That was an overreaction from a simple friendly gesture."

"I'm sorry, Lawrence. I... It's just..." I didn't know how to explain it.

"Did it remind you what you went through at WCKD?" I didn't expect him to understand my outburst. "I'm sorry. I should have thought before doing that. Of course you would be afraid. Please, forgive me."

"I..." I was dumbfounded, not quite sure what I should say.

"Anyway, where was I? Ah, yes. I'm a businessman, Thomas, which means I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you?

"Because I can help you. You see, if you can get me through those walls, I can get you what you need," Thomas said.

"What is it that you think I need?" Lawrence asked.

"Time," Thomas replied. "Every last drop."

And a nose, too, I said silently.

"Hm. Is that what I need?" Lawrence spoke calmly, carefully, his face mere inches away from Thomas'.