Chapter 20: Another Girl?

Olivia's Pov

It was finally Greenie day. Hopefully this Greenie wouldn't be a slinthead like Sean was. I'm talking to Gally while waiting for the alarm to sound, signalling the arrival of the Greenie and also supplies.

"Maybe it will finally be a girl" I sigh, knowing there was no point in hoping.

"Hey!"

"What?" I ask him.

"Us boys are great! We don't need another girl"

"It would be nice to have someone to relate to, though" I smile at the thought of seeing a girl come up in the Box.

"Yeah but when she goes after me-"

"Who said she would go after you?" I cut off Gally, laughing.

"You went after me" he whispers in my ear, his voice deep and husky. It makes my stomach erupt into a thousand butterflies. How could one person be so goddamn hot?

He slides an arm around my waist, forcing me to look up at him. He smirks, our faces only inches apart.

"Then I must be bloody dumb" I tease. "How can any stable person find you attractive"

"Well if I'm sooo unattractive, then I expect you'll stop me from doing this" He kisses me passionately. We only break apart because he pulls away.

"That's what I thought, darling" he whispers.

"You know I was only joking! You're the most attractive person here" I laugh.

"I'm aware"

"The bit about me joking, or you being the most attractive?"

"Both" he mutters, pulling me in for another kiss.

This time, it's the alarm that pulls us apart.

"Come on!" I say excitedly, taking Gally's hand and dragging him towards the box.

"Let's see what stupid shank we have this month" Gally says as he jumps down into the Box. I can't see who's down there, however I do see his eyes go wide.

"Liv? Can you come down here?" he asks.

"Umm... sure?" I go into the Box and see a little girl.

"I think you should handle this one" Gally tells me while climbing out of the Box.

"Mhm" I say in agreement.

The girl looks scared out of her mind and she's crying her eyes out.

"Hey, can everyone leave her alone, please? You guys aren't helping her. She's already petrified" I command, rather than request. Everyone except Gally leaves. "You too" I tell him.

"Fine" He walks away.

"Can you tell me your name, sweetie?" I smile at the girl and sit down next to her.

"N-no" she stutters and starts sobbing even more.

"Hey, hey, hey! It's ok! Don't cry!" I pull her into a calming hug. "Want to get out of here? I can give you a tour" I offer, trying to make my voice as calm and soothing as possible. She nods in response, and I gently lift her out of the Box.

By the end of the tour, the Greenie has stopped crying.

Gally's Pov

I walk up to Liv and the Greenie and see they're giggling about something.

"What's so funny?" I ask, wary of the child that was crying her eyes out only a couple of hours before. If she starts crying again, I'll probably run away; I have zero idea how to calm her down.