Chapter 34: "It's ok. Just Close Your Eyes"

A/n: Thank you yogurtiop for the meme :)

Olivia's Pov

It was a really restless night for me. I had managed to get to sleep, but I woke up not long after. I don't think I managed to fall asleep again after that.

I didn't want to wake up Gally. He needed as much sleep as he could get.

Instead, I just reminisced about all my memories with Gally.

Like the time I realised he wasn't as bad as I thought, when we met on the watchtower after I had had a nightmare.

I didn't register that someone had climbed up here as well. I only realised when they tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around, startled, and saw Gally. What was he doing here?

"Gally?" I whisper.

"What are you doing out of bed?" he whispers back.

"Nightmare"

"Oh. Same"

We sit in silence, just staring at the stars. I hate to admit it, but I like this side of Gally: calm, relaxed, not yelling at everyone and no scowl permanently residing in his face. If he was like this all the time then I'm sure we would be really good friends.

"They're pretty, arent they?" Gally eventually breaks the silence.

"The stars? Yeah. I've not actually seen them before. Or, I can't remember seeing them anyway"

"See there?" Gally gently holds onto my arm and points at a cluster of stars. "If you connect them then they look like Alby's face" He traces it with his fingers and I see it. It makes me giggle, forgetting all about my nightmare.

Or my second bonfire, when we shared our first kiss in a game of truth or dare.

Minho laughs. "Liv, truth or dare?" he asks me.

"Dare. I'm not a wimp" I laugh.

"Alright, then. I dare you to kiss Gally"

"WHAT?!" Gally and I exclaim in unison, our eyes going wide.

"You heard him! Kiss!" Newt laughs as Minho starts chanting "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!", and others soon join in.

I roll my eyes and go over to Gally. I quickly peck his lips, a blush rising up my cheeks.

"That was NOT a proper kiss! Kiss him like he's your boyfriend!" Minho instructs.

I sigh and my lips meet Gally's in a soft kiss.

When our lips met, it felt right. Like his lips were made for kissing mine, and mine only. Jolts of electricity shot down my spine, and my stomach turned into butterflies. His hands were tangled in my hair, pulling me closer to him. It seemed like we couldn't get enough of each other, feelings that we were forcing ourselves to forget about rose to the surface, taking control of us. The once soft kiss turned into something more passionate and hungry.

"WOAH! WOAH! WOAH! GET A ROOM, GUYS!" Minho yells and we hastily pull apart.

"YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DARED US TO KISS LIKE WE WERE DATING, YOU SHUCKFACE!" I yell back.

"YEAH I DIDNT MEAN FOR YOU TO SUCK EACH OTHERS FACES OFF!"

Of course, one of my most favourite memories was when we told each other we liked each other. I was in the forest, and Gally was looking for me to tell me I was in trouble.