027

PREVIOUSLY

"Can we talk?" Asks Nick a pleading expression shown onto his face "ok" I say softly, those 3 words gave me anxiety.. its either we were to be on good terms or bad terms with those three words, no in between.

"Alright come on then" Nick leads to the guest room.

January 01, 1996 Orlando, Florida
SAGEs POV

We go in the guest room and I go to take a seat on the bed that KJ slept in for the day "KJ sleep in here?" Nick asks as he notices the crumpled up sheets and some clothes of KJ's "yea" I spoke in a soft voice.

Nick's face flashes a look of jealousy but is quick to hide it again as he nods a little "so, about our situation..." Nick starts as he leans onto the table and clasps his hands together "I'm sorry for everything I did I know it wasn't right of me to do what I did and Im sorry..." He trails off trying to find the right words to continue.

"I don't expect you to immediately forgive me but I just wanted to apologize again.. in person. I'll give you whatever you need but I'll be waiting for you no matter how long it takes to make your decision" He spoke firmly standing by his word.

I breathed in sharply taking in everything that was happening I opened my mouth about to speak but close it after trying to think of the words to say, Nick had noticed this and spoke quickly.

"I don't expect any answer now, don't worry. I just wanted to let you know I'll be waiting for you.." He gave a slight smile as he went to exit the room.

"Nick, wait" I spoke up as I stood up, Nick stopped in his tracks and turned his head back his body staying still facing away from me acknowledging my call for his name.

"Look, I'm not mad about what happened.. Well, I was but I'm not as pissed anymore. I get it were both in our early teen years and we've been given this huge fucking — opportunity, of course were stressed about it, and were bound to make mistakes..." I trailed off trying to figure out where I was headed with this.

I did not plan this out well, it was quite obvious honestly.

I fidgeted with my fingers as I thought well of the next words to come out of my mouth "What I'm trying to say is I'm giving you another chance, and I also want you to give me another chance, I know I haven't been the best too with handling my emotions so.. I wanted to apologize for that too."

"Sage" He breathed out heavily "don't apologize for that alright? It's normal don't worry about it" He started walking to me pulling me into a hug as he reached me.

"So do I have another chance?" I spoke up wrapping my arms around his neck, he chuckled lightly "You didn't do anything wrong but if it gives you confirmation about how I feel about another try for us, yes I'll give you another chance — I'm giving us another trying" He said as I felt him smile on my shoulder.

I pulled away our face inches away from each other "may I?" Nick whispers I nod a barely noticeable nod, a nod you'd only see if you paid attention, Nick closed the gap between us as I felt as if it was our first kiss again butterflies and fireworks erupting.

It was really sweet, very sweet. Key word was. 

Me and Nick had jumped in surprise when we heard a cough from the door, Nick had fallen back a little and had luckily fallen onto the chair with wheels making him slip and hit his back, I held in my laughter as nick winced.

KJ laughed loudly at this "I see you've mended your difficulties" KJ chuckles "not funny" Nick whined still holding his back "come on" KJ reaches a hand out, Nick takes it getting up.