Chapter Twenty-Two

India's POV

King looked at me and I looked right back at him. Of course I wouldn't name my son after a snake, but I needed him to think I would for him to take me serious. I know he wasn't 100% sure that our son was his son but I was, and I had no problem with him taking a DNA test to be sure but anyone with common sense could see that our son was his.

"If you didn't just give birth I would've choked the shit out of you for saying that." He said angrily shaking his head.

I knew he was just talking out of anger just like I was because King didn't make threats, he'd hurt you before you had the opportunity to realize what had just happened.

"Why because you won't acknowledge our son is actually your son?" I asked him. "You can take as many DNA test as you want but guess what buddy! The test is still gonna say you're his father, every single time. You know it. I know it. They know it. So give your son your name that's all I'm asking from you" I yelled at him. I shouldn't have to beg for this and I didn't understand why I had to beg for this, my son deserved better. It was important to me that he had his fathers name, I didn't have mine nor did any of my siblings. I don't know why but it made me feel like I was breaking a generation curse my mom casted on us.

I waited for King to respond but he just sat silent. At this point what more could I say to him, if he didnt want this baby he should've left us in the projects, I could've made a way, no fuck that I would have made a way, I always do.

"You do realize that once his life becomes attached to mine it's no coming back! His life, your life, the kids lives are gonna be in a constant state of danger and paranoia! Regardless if I stay in the game or leave, once those paper say his blood match mine or my name becomes his name it's over, you see how quick I found out you were pregnant by me, all it takes is one ear in the streets, and y'all gone." He said finally telling me the truth. " I never planned to have kids India, I said that I never would, this was never apart of my plan." He said as his eyes filled with unshed tears. "I never knew I could love someone so much India, I couldn't live with myself if something happened to y'all because of me." He said wiping his eyes quickly before allowing the tears to drop.

And finally the truth came out. He was scared, an emotion he never knew he could feel and his denial of our son was the only way he knew how to cope with what he was feeling.

"During your pregnancy I was being flat out ignorant. I didn't care because it wasn't real, it wasn't a priority, it was happening but it wasn't happening" he said grabbing my face kissing tears I didn't even know I had. "I'm sorry." The man the world feared so much, now feared the world. "He really look exactly like me!" He laughed, making me laugh.

"That's because I couldn't t stand yo ass my whole pregnancy." I said playfully smacking his chest.

"You love a nigga stop playing." He said tryna flirt.

"I love that you helped make my son, that's it." I told him shutting him down.

"What ever, we doing this family shit regardless so you don't have a choice but to start living a nigga." He said smirking at me.

"Yes we are and that's it , now go get my baby, I wanna see him." I told him. He got up sneaking a kiss before exiting out the room. I opened my phone to look at the pictures Dior took of me giving birth. I heard the door close behind King and not even 15 seconds later it quickly opened it back up.

" Damn King you walk fast as hel-." I paused mid sentence as I looked up to see who was actually there. It was Cheterion, with a gun pointed directly at me.

"That was supposed to be our son India." He said crazed.

"What are you doing Cheterion?" I asked nervously.

"Gettin it back in blood" next thing I knew, I heard 5 shots ring off, and a group of people screaming. I watched as his body dropped instantly to the floor as the gun slid across the beautiful oak hardwood floors.

Behind him was King as he rushed in walking to the bed I sat on with everyone behind him. Everyone was looking at my chest with shocked and fearful looks on there face. It wasn't until I looked down that I began to feel a burning sensation in my chest. I was shot in both my breast and another in my stomach.

"Omg someone call 911."King yelled ripping off my shirt and bra off. "India stay awake baby, come on." He held his hands against my breast as blood soaked through the shirt and on to his hands. I said these final words before blacking out.

"How's my baby gonna eat now."

The End

Sike I'm just kidding you guys. This sequel is gonna be named HIM, so keep and eye out. India may or may not be in that story you'll just have to read to find out!!!

**********************
A/N

This is it folks. This is the last Chapter of HER. I have a sequel coming soon so stay tuned for that. I also have another story in the works with a completely different vibe and story line. I will eventually go back through and fix all my errors and mistakes, but I hope that didn't ruin the experience of the book. God bless.