Chapter Twenty Part 1

India's POV

After we got home I contacted my midwife and asked her what I should do now that my water broke and she told me to just try to get some rest because it could be a while before I went into actual active labor. It was now 2 in the afternoon and I'm just now waking up. I started to feel a slight tightness in my stomach and a pain slightly worse than a menstraul cramp. I recorded it on my contraction app when it started and how long it lasted. As soon as it ended I was met with instant relief, thank god.

There was a couch at the far right of the room and as I looked over I saw King wide awake, watching me.

"Oh my god where you watching me sleep? You're such a creep." I said.

"You contractions are 15 minutes apart." He said.

"How you know that?" I asked him.

"Your belly was getting real tight and you looked like you were in pain while it happened, so wrote them down while you were sleeping." He said . I nodded my head in response.

"You wanna go on another walk?" I asked him.

"Should you be walking around?" He asked.

"Yes it actually helps speed up the labor." I told him.

"Okay come on." He stood up before walking to the door to grab my shoes and jacket. He slipped my shoes on my feet and looped my jacket through my arms before zipping it up. We walked for 45 minutes and I could instantly feel the contractions coming faster and harder but not hard enough that I couldn't talk through them. We rested for a while before we went around the neighborhood again for another 30 minutes. By the time we got back Mrs. Pearl just got back from picking the girls up from school. It was a Friday so they had early dismissal today.

"How you feeling baby." She asked.

"I'm okay, the contractions are getting a bit worse and closer together but that just means I'm gonna meet the baby sooner right." I told her smiling. She nodded her head giving me hug.

"What time Dior get here?" She asked.

"I told her I would call her to come when the midwife got here." I told her.

"Oh okay, King where your people's at baby?" She asked King.

"Oh they live not even 5 minutes from here." He said which surprised me.

"This ya momma first grand baby?" She asked him.

"Yes ma'am it is." He answered.

"Did y'all invite her to be here?" She asked us looking between the both of us.

"She doesn't even know this baby exist." I told her looking at King.

"Well it looks like somebody needs to be making a phone call to her doesn't it." She reached on the counter to hand King his phone. He hesitated before grabbing it as he nodded his head.

"Yes ma'am."he said taking it out her hand. He started to stand up to make the call before she stopped him.

"Aht aht aht sit down son, I ain't no fool call her where I can hear you, make sure you put it on speaker cause these ears don't work the same no mo." She said pointing to his phone. He grabbed his phone before placing the call on speaker.

"Hello." his mom said.

"Hey ma, how you doing?" He asked nervously.

"Good. Why you sound all weird. You okay Caine?" She asked him.

"Yea I'm good ma I was just calling you to tell you that... that your gonna be a grandma."he said looking at me. I'm surprised he didn't say possibly.

"Oh my god Caine, congratulations baby, what's the girl name, how far along is she and when is her due date?" She rushed and asked him. He paused for a second before answering.