Chapter Ten

India's POV

I woke up to my heart beating through my head. Why did I drink so much last night. The events from last night came rushing through my head making me realize where I was. I was at Kings. I lifted off the bed looking to my right to see King fast asleep beside me. I rubbed my hands against my eyes shaking my head. Why did I have sex with this man. I quietly climbed out of the bed before reaching on the floor to grab the sweatpants and shirt he wore last night. I grabbed my dress and thong before quietly slipping out of his room. I slipped the thong on first before putting the shirt and sweats on next. I walked down the steps going to the bar where I'm sure I left my phone. I saw the time on the phone said it was 9:27, so slipped on my heels before I pulled up the Lyft app to order me a ride. I didn't know where I was so I turned on my location to see that a Lyft was 8 minutes away so I went outside to wait for the driver. It wasn't long before he pulled up so I climbed in greeting him before he drove off towards my house.

The Lyft driver pulled into my complex parking in the lot closest to my apartment. I thanked him for the ride before climbing out and damn near sprinting to my apartment. I must've forgot my keys at the club because it wasn't until then that I realized that I didn't have them. Luckily for me I had a spear I kept for when my mom loses hers taped to the top of the door. I quickly grabbed it rushing into my house not trying to be seen by any of the neighbors.

The first thing I did was strip out of Kings clothes to wash the hoe activities from last night off my body. My lady parts were sore, so I ran hot water over it to soothe the aching sensation. I can't believe I had sex with him, I'm no better than my mom. The first opportunity I had to have fun I went and had sex with the first guy to pay attention to me. It wasn't until that thought crossed my mind that I noticed the tears running down my face. I quickly wiped my tears washing the rest of my body to hurry up and get out. I changed into some sweats and a tank top before laying on my bed. I looked at the clock noticing i had an hour before I had to pick up the kids. I closed my eyes to take a quick nap before I had to leave.

One Hour Later

As I got to Miss Pearls house I noticed that Dior was there picking up her son. I saw sorry on her face before she noticed me walking in.

"Oh my god India You scared the shit out of me girl, I thought something happened to you." She said with relief in her voice.

"I'm fine honestly, you and Erika get home safe?" I asked. I was tryna steer the conversation away from me not wanting to talk about last night.

"Yea but I thought you were dead India, you was talking to that nigga crazy, I for sure thought he was gone kill yo ass" she said whispering so only I could hear.

"Well I'm alive so nothing to worry abo-." I began saying.

"Is that hickies on your neck" She asked, I instantly placed my hand on it as if that's gonna make her under what she saw. "Ooooo girl I need the deets and you better tell me ever-."

"Hey India how was y'all night last night?" Miss Pearl asked saving me from the conversation with Dior.

"It was good Miss Pearl, I had fun" I said keeping it short. As much as I enjoyed my time with King, I regret giving my body to someone I barely knew.

"See I knew you would" she said. She began telling me about they're night but my mind kept wondering off to my night. We wrapped up the conversation before I packed the kids stuff and headed back home. I cooked dinner, cleaned the house and bathed the kids before putting everyone to bed.

I was up thinking about all the stories we shared with each other. It made me feel like I knew him my whole life, not the person that the streets described. But I wasn't naive enough to think that I was any different than the girl I fought at the club. I knew if I continued to have sex with him, I would be in the exact same position as her, getting beat up in front of him as he watched. I closed my eyes pushing myself to forget that night ever happened before falling in a deep sleep.

The Next Day

Dior didn't waste any time because here she sat at my house the next day collecting the deets. I was telling her everything from the first time we met at the grocery store all the way up until the night we had sex.

"Are you gonna talk to him?" She asked.

"No, that's just setting myself up for heartbreak." I said shaking my head. "I would end up just like ole girl from the club, beat up and looking stupid."

"I don't know friend you made it seem like y'all was hitting it off good." She said.

"Yea but the way that girl was acting Im pretty sure they were kicking it off good to, plus he's dangerous I can't have that around the kids." I said finally. "It was fun and an experience I'll never forget but I'll leave it to just that, an experience in my past"
I said more to myself than to her. I honestly just wanted to forget about that night. I hoped I never saw him again.