Chapter Nineteen

India's POV

The tension in the house has died down since everything happened with King and I awhile back. Today marks 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant and I was completely over this. My doctor said I would start laboring any day now especially because my mucous plug came out a day ago. I found myself constantly nesting around the house and keeping everything organized with the kids. Mrs. Pearl has actually been staying with us for a week now, she's been preparing all the meals and just giving me emotional support after I had a break down about my mom not being here to support me with any of this so she said she'd stay as long as I needed.

Probably about two weeks ago King set up the birthing room, so it's all ready go for when I go in labor. He spends most of his time here, even if he leaves to go handle work, he never leaves for more than 2 hours at a time. And I will say, since he's been here, he has helped out tremendously not only with me but also with the kids. He's does home work with the girls when I'm to sick to and helps out with Brayden so much throughout the night that I find myself getting out of bed less and less. I honestly have no doubt he'd be a good father when the baby got here, but I genuinely think he doesn't think he's becoming one.

It was 1 in the morning and I found myself restless and in the need of a walk. I had on some sweat pants and a tank top so I grabbed a sweater and slipped on some crocs because I couldn't tie my own shoes anymore. I grabbed my phone before quietly walking towards King room trying not to wake anyone up. I silently opened the door to Kings room and stood in-front of his bed. As I reach to tap him awake he spoke.

"What's wrong India?" He asked with his eyes still closed.

"I wanna go for a walk." I told him.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"It's like 1 something, but I can go by myself I just wanted to tell you so you wouldn't get mad if you realized I was gone." I told him.

"Nah it's cool let me throw something on real quick." He said.

I waited for him to get dressed before we both walked out the front door and began our walk.

"You pick out a name for the baby yet?" he asked.

"Yea I have a few names for my baby already picked out."I said bitterly.

He stopped walking and just steered at me. So I stopped walking and folded my arms over my belly.

"Was that necessary?" He asked.

"Yea it is, because it is my baby remember King." I told him back.

"So you gonna punish me because I don't know if the baby is mine or not India?"he asked.

"Mamas baby daddies maybe right?" I asked him shaking my head.

"I'm just not tryna get attached to a baby I don't think is mine." He said.

"Okay then so don't ask me what my baby name is gonna be." I told him rudely. "Are you gonna be in the room when I give birth? Are you gonna cut the umbilical cord?" I asked him aggravated at this point.

"I don't know."He said blankly. I began walking again because I was starting to get supper frustrated. This was something I secretly really wanted, but I was to prideful to ask him to do it for me because I knew he'd probably still say no. "You ready to go back home?" He asked.

"Yes can we just take one more lap around-." I paused mid sentence because I suddenly felt a rush of liquid fall down my leg. I paused my step out of surprise. King was a step or two ahead of me and as he turned around I could see the surprise wash over his face as he realized what had just happened.

"Please tell me you just peed on your self." He said, I've never seen King scared, but the look of fear washed over his face as he anticipated my response.

"No." I shook my head. "My water just broke." I said shakily.