Chapter Eleven

2 Months Later

India's POV

Here I sat in the doctors office waiting for the results to my STI test. I thought I'd never be in this predicament but my body was sending me signs that something wasn't right. The only change I had was that night with King, I had abnormal vaginal discharge, pain in my abdomen, irregular menstruation and tiredness. All the same signs my mom had every time she had Gonorrhea. I was so embarrassed to be in here right now, but it's the only way I could fix it.

The Nurse Practitioner walked in squirting hand sanitizer on her hands before sitting down.

"Alright India, your labs show that you do have BV, which is a vaginal bacterial infection it's very common, it sometimes occur as your body is going through changes. Now I'm sure the cause of those changes is the fact that your pregnant. Now the tiredness, abdominal pain, and -."I tuned out everything she said from there. I could feel tears trickling down my face which caused her to pause what she was saying. "Listen India you have options okay, listen I give this to all my young moms" she handed me a pamphlet with options on them. She talked to me about each of them before telling me based off my last actual period and the time I had sex I was almost 8 weeks pregnant. She told me to set up an ultrasound regardless of the option I chose just to be on the safe side.

I left there going to Dior's because I knew she would be the only person to understand what I was going through. Dior and I have gotten so close over the past 2 months that I considered her a friend and someone I could trust to confide in. On the way to Dior's I scheduled the ultrasound appointment for later today because my doctor said the sooner I make my decision the better.

I had already texted Dior letting her know I was on my way and she told me to just walk in when I got there. I walked in to see her sitting on the couch typing on her phone.

"Hey girl what the do.....India what's wrong?"she asked standing up coming over to me. "Did that nigga give you the clap?" I shook my head no still crying. "What the doctor say Indy?"

"She said I'm pregnant" I said before breaking down. She held me right telling me that I was gonna be okay. I thought I was so responsible and I went and did some dumb shit like this. I knew I couldn't keep this baby, I could barely keep up with the three kids I had at home and it wasn't fair to them and this baby to bring another life in a house that was already struggling. Then to have a child by King? This baby would always be in danger or worse he wouldn't even want it. He probably thought I was a hoe, for having sex with him only after meeting him twice. I couldn't have this baby. "To start the abortion process I have to get an ultrasound to make sure that I'm not further along than I say I am. The appointments at 3, can you come with me?" I asked wiping my face looking up at Dior.

"Yea of course India I got you"

At The Ultrasound Appointment

Dior and I were sitting in the ultrasound room waiting for the ultrasound tech to come in.

"So you really think you gonna go through with an abortion?" Dior asked with worry in her voice.

"Yea I think it's what's best for me, I know it sound selfish but I can't care for another kid right now." I told her.

"Why don't you a tleast try to see if King is gonna help you, I mean it doesn't hurt to try India." Dior said.

"Dior I don't want my baby to have a Kingpin as a father, and even if he does help I'm going to be doing it alone for the fourth time, you think he's gonna be changing diapers, getting up in the middle of the night, I'm tired Dior, I just can't, I'm just gonna abort this pregnancy and put all of this behind me" as I finished saying that a Spanish girl around our age walked in. I wiped the tears that started to build in my eyes as the tech looked at me weirdly.

"Hi I'm Kourtney, I'm going to be performing your ultrasound today okay?" I nodded my head "Okay great so based on the referral sent over from your doctor you should still be in your first trimester so we're gonna go ahead and do a trans vaginal ultrasound to get a good look at the fetus at this stage in the pregnancy." I nodded my head just agreeing with her. She began lubing the ultrasound stick before placing it inside me. It felt uncomfortable, almost as if she was scratching my cervix. "This is your fourth pregnancy correct?" I looked at her confused, maybe she mixed my charts with someone else's.

"No this is my first" I said before looking up at the screen.

"Okay so yes just like your doctor said the fetus measure at about 8weeks, everything seems to be measuring right, are you ready to listen to the heart beat?"she asked. I didn't say anything so Dior spoke for me.

"Yes" she said it quickly because I still hadn't spoken.

Soon we could hear a loud pitter patter coming out the speakers of the ultrasound screen. It was like a slap in the face that made me realize just how stupid I was being. That heart beat sounded just like each of the kids when I first brought them home from the hospital. I would get so close to their chest to make sure they were breathing that I would hear that exact sound. And that's all it took for me to realize that I was 100 percent keeping my baby.