Chapter Thirteen

India's POV

I hadn't opened my eyes yet but I could hear an annoying beep radiating throughout the house. I opened my eyes to realize I wasn't home, but in a hospital. I saw that I had an IV in my arm and I was no longer in my work clothes. I put my hand on my small belly before I started to freak out. I began crying and sudden increased heart rate on the monitor must've alert the nursing staff because the next thing i knew, 3 nurses ran in the room to see what was going on.

"Hey hey what's going on, are you okay?" one of them asked.

"My baby! Is my baby okay?" I asked frantically.

"Yes your baby is fine honey, relax your stressing your body out more than you can handle" she said to me. "You all calm?" I nodded my head as I finally got control of my breathing "Okay so there's a man in the waiting room with a baby would you like us to send him in?" I nodded my head quickly knowing it was King and Brayden. "Okay I'll send them in and now that you're awake the doctor wants to explain to you why your here, okay?"

"Okay." I said. She left out the room and shortly after reappeared with King and Brayden. "Can you give him to me?" I said urgently, needing to feel Brayden close to me. King had Bray on one arm and his car seat and diaper bag in his other. He gently placed the car seat down before placing a sleeping Brayden in my arms. I instantly felt calm until I looked outside to see it was pitch black.

"Oh god no, King give me your phone, come on please hurry up" I said frantically. Waving my hand in-front of him.

"Why whats wrong?"he asked.

"The twins they would've already-."I began saying before he cut me off.

"They're fine okay calm down, they're with that old lady with the salt and pepper hair. They good so calm down." I sighed in relief. I swear I could always count on Miss Pearl. "Here's your phone one of your friends called and told me they were gonna send the kids to her house." He said handing me my phone.

"Thank you." I said taking it from him.

"No problem..." he looked like he wanted to say something but was hesitant to.

"What's wrong King?" I asked getting agitated. I blame him for me being here.

"Nothings wrong India stop worrying okay, you stressing our baby out." He said coming closer kneeling at the side of my bed. "Look I wanna apologize okay?" He grabbed my hand kissing it gently. "I overreacted and I couldn't see where you were coming from." He paused before continuing. "But I want you to know that I'm gonna be here, okay? " I just nodded my head in response not really wanting to talk about it right now. It wasn't long after that we heard a knock at the door. King came and sat down beside the bed waiting for whoever it was to enter.

"Miss Williams?" I nodded my head. " How are you feeling?" She asked coming to the side of  the bed.

"Much better." I said

"Thats great so I wanted to talk to you a little about why you got so sick that you were brought in today, okay?" I just nodded my head in response. "Okay so I saw in your charts that you've been visiting your primary OB/GYN pretty frequently over the past 8 weeks is that correct?"

"Yes!" I nodded my head.

"Okay it also shows in your charts that you've been experiencing dehydration, fatigue, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting and a significant amount of weight loss even after trying different anti-nausea, allergy and other dietary supplements medications correct" I just nodded my head in response. "So at your first appointment you weighed in at 172lbs your most recent weigh in was 155lb okay? That's not good at all, for you or the baby." She said shaking her head. " I think it's safe say that your experiencing a disorder called Hyperemesis Gravidarum, its a very severe type of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy which has caused you to feel every symptom you've been experiencing, okay?! It's pretty rare but we're gonna work to make sure it as manageable as possible for the remainder of your pregnancy okay?" I nodded my head feeling a sense of relief knowing there was an answer to what I've been going through these past 8weeks. She kept explaining it to me allowing me to understand the severity of it.

"I also want to pull you from work for the next two weeks and in most cases you wouldn't return until postpartum." My eyes got big and I cut her off before she continued.

"Oh no, I have to work, it's no way I can be out a few weeks let alone the remainder of my pregnancy" I told her.

"Yes she will doctor I'll make sure of it." King said butting in. I looked at King with a glare on my face because I don't even understand why he's still even here, let alone chiming into my conversation. I didn't say anything else just waited for the doctor to finish giving me instructions on a follow up, medication and when I would be discharged. The doctor bid us farewell and we both sat in silence.

"I'm gonna have y'all move into one of my houses." I immediately interrupt him.

"I'm not moving anywhere King." I said looking down, I knew the little bit of confidence I had would disappear the minute I looked in his face.

"The girls are most likely gonna have to switch schools to so I'll send you what school they have in the area and you can pick from there aight?" Did this man just completely ignore me like I didn't just tell him I wasn't moving?

"King I'm not-." I started to say before I was cut off again.

"INDIA" He yelled making me jump, I instinctively pulled Brayden closer to me not knowing how he'll react. He paused as if he had to get his self together before continuing."This isn't up for discussion okay. Don't fight me on this because it isn't something your gonna win."

I stayed silent not agreeing or disagreeing with King. I knew this wasn't the time or place for this and I didn't feel like arguing with him with Brayden here.

THE NEXT MORNING

Some how King convinced the hospital to let him and Brayden stay the night with me. I didn't get much sleep because it seemed like the nurses were coming in and out every few hours. I'm finally discharged and I'm down at the lobby waiting for King to bring the car around. I see him come through the sliding doors so I stand with Brayden to go towards the car. He quickly rushes over and grabs him from me, placing his hand at the small of my back directing me towards his car. He opens the passenger door and waits for me to climb in before closing it and safely strap Brayden into the car also.

He starts the car and drives off towards the apartment complex. Now that we're out of the hospital I take this opportunity to talk to him about moving out of the complex.

"So King, at the hospital you said you wanted us to move into one of your houses, and I understand that I'm having your baby but I don't want to do that." I told him. He looked straight ahead completely ignoring me. "King?" I said trying to get his attention. He continued to drive as if he was deaf in both ears. "King.....?" I said again. "How are we suppose to coparent if you can't even communicate when the baby isn't even here yet?"

"I'm not changing my mind so you just gonna have to deal with it." He said finally responding.

"King you can't force me to do something I don't wanna do." I told him.

"What you think gonna happen the minute people find out you still pregnant, huh?" He asked looking ahead. I stayed silent because I knew where he was getting at. "All 5 of y'all not safe no more." He said before quickly looking back through the rear view mirror looking at Brayden. "We gotta keep it under wraps for as long as we can, and the only way to do that is to move y'all away from the complex because you know how quick people are to put two and two together. We got make everyone think you left so fast because you were scared of what I might've done to you when I found out you aborted my baby. You gonna have your little friend put a whisper in the streets that you hiding from me and that's why you moved so suddenly. Pack what you thinks important and I'm gonna send a car over to get y'all later." He said pulling into my complex. He pulled in through the back and helped and me Brayden into the house. "Be ready by 11pm, I'm gonna have y'all leave through the night, I'll see y'all later." He said before leaving out.

I just sat on the bed with Brayden and just let the tears fall down my eyes. I felt no better than my mother. A baby making whore.