Chapter Twelve

King's POV

I was at one of my warehouses counting money to make sure the number I expected to be there actually was. The only other person I trusted to do this was Man, and because he usually does this, it's only fair that I pull my weight and take over sometimes. I was walking down the steps when I over heard these niggas gossiping like a group of females. I didn't stop in my tracks till I heard my name be mentioned.

"Yea nigga they say it's some young broad pregnant by King" one of them said. I laughed because I always strap my shit up, I ain't never even have a pregnancy scare on nun of these hoes.

"Nigga where you hear that at?"another one asked.

"You know how quick word get around in the streets." Another one said.

"The girl who know who she is apparently said she can't put a name to the face or she'll loose her job but I guess ole girl 8 weeks pregnant." The first one said.

It made me think back to who I was fucking 8 weeks ago. Tati, Jade, Kenya, India, Lauren... wait India. Fuck I remember that night clear as day. I could see how she could be pregnant by me my considering I pulled the rubber off when I saw how pretty her ass was from the back. Sex with her was different and I never fuck raw, but with her I had to. This might sound naive but I didn't think she would get pregnant. But if she pregnant by me why she ain't tell me? She must not be sure who the daddy is or something. Or maybe she mentioned that she fucked me around the time she got pregnant and know the streets talking. All these maybes were answered by these niggas.

"The girl said she got an abortion though so I guess that nigga King dodged a bullet, i guess she already got a bunch of kids or something like that ." When he said that I knew for sure he was talking about India.

I swear to god if she killed my seed I was gonna murk her ass. I angrily climbed in my car before opening up the file I had on her. I saw her address on it and instantly headed over to her place. When I got there I saw the house was empty, like literally and figuratively. The only furniture in here was a dining table but at least the house was clean. I sat at the dining table waiting for her to get here so I could figure this shit out.

India's POV

I left work early today because one it was slow and two this baby was kicking my ass. It was like after knowing I was pregnant I started experiencing all this morning sickness that lasted all day. I haven't been able to keep anything down. I felt like I was being punished for even considering getting rid of my baby, but I'll go through anything to keep it. I walked to Miss Pearls house in the heat slowly sipping on my water to not induce another vomiting episode. Until I reached her apartment. I knocked on her door waiting for her to answer.

"Hey honey what you doing here so early it's only two." She asked open the door before looking at the clock.

"They sent me home early today because it wasn't busy" I told her half the truth. I still haven't told Miss Pearl  that I was pregnant, I was to afraid to see her disappointment.

"You okay India you don't look to well" she asked.

"Yea I'm fine it's just the heat from the walk." I told her half lying again. The heat just made me feel worse.

"Okay well let me gather Brayden's things real quick" she said gathering Brayden's things putting them in his diaper bag. I gave Miss Pearl a kiss and headed out towards my apartment. I held Brayden in one arm as I used the key to open the door with my other. I was struggling to hold Brayden car seat because I just felt so weak so I hurried inside to feel some of that cool air before locking it behind me. As I walked in a figure caught me by surprise.

"Oh my god King what are you doing here?" I asked taking Brayden out of his car seat pulling him close to my chest.

"Go lay the baby down then come sit down India"he said calmly.

"I was just about to go lay down, I'm kinda tired and-." He cut me off mid sentence.

"GO LAY THE LAY THE BABY DOWN AND SIT. DOWN." he said last words word individually, not loud enough to wake Brayden but stern enough for me to do it quickly. I ran in the room laying Brayden down before quickly texting Dior to tell her to come wake me up from my nap in two hours just in case he killed me leaving Brayden all alone. I sat furthest from him holding praying over my baby in the other room and the one growing inside me. 

"What's going on King?" I asked shakily. He seemed like he was on edge and I was scared to say something that would trigger him. He had his gun sitting on the table with his hands together on his lap.

"I'm gonna ask this once India and you better not lie to me or I might kill yo ass." I could feel tears prickling in my eyes.

"You abort my baby?" He asked. I looked at him surprised that he even knew I was pregnant. I must've waited to long to respond because next thing I know he's yoking me up out of the chair pulling my face inches from his.

"No I didn't King I promise I couldn't do it pleaseKing I'm sorry." I cried holding my belly tryna shield my baby in anyway possible. I placed one hand on his chest tryna push him away.

"YOU LYING TO ME INDIA!?" He screamed. I shook my head no sobbing hard scared of what he might do to me.

"No King I promise I can prove it it just give me a second please,... just give me a second I can show you please King" I said pleading to him. He looked at me hard before letting me go. I quickly ran back to my room to grab the Baby Doppler that I got at Walmart. I got it because I have this anxiety that I'm gonna be punished for the thoughts I had, and god is gonna take the baby from me. I grabbed the bottle of ultrasound gel with it running back to the dining table. My hands were shaking crazy tryna open the lid of gel before I finally got it open. I pulled my pants down a little before squirting the gel on my stomach. At first I couldn't find the baby's heart beat which made me nervous that something was wrong until I found the pitter patter and I held my shaking hand on it. "See." I said out of breath. "That's the baby's heart beat."

He didn't say anything for awhile but a smiled washed on his face. I looked away from him still crying, I could feel myself getting sick again so I hopped up only having energy to make it to the garage bin in the kitchen. The only thing that came up was clear liquid, the water I thought I'd kept down. King came over trying to touch me and he was the last person I wanted to do that right now.

"Please don't." I told him shaking my head. My head was still in the garbage because I usually wasn't done so quickly. He left me alone as he sat back down. I eventually got up to brush teeth to get that acidic taste out my mouth. I walked back in standing away from him still crying, I just couldn't stop. "I thinks it's time for you to leave."

"Can we just talk for a minute?" He asked.

"Talk King? You were just about to kill me at my dining table with my baby in the other room!" It was like I couldn't control my tears and I was getting lightheaded.

"You were just about to kill the baby growing inside of you." He said back.
I just went silent because I knew he was right. "Why you ain't tell me you was pregnant India? I know it's mine because I know you ain't fuck nobody else."

"Because of this King!! Guns, drugs and death, I don't want that for my baby King, you don't think the minute people find out this baby's yours they ain't gone come after it? You gonna give up the life for it? Hmm?" I asked knowing the answer. He just looked away from me know all the points I made were valid. That night we spoke he said it was nothing in this world that would make him leave that life, not even a child. "Exactly so King please leave." I began walking towards the door until I felt myself stagger. I heard King scream my name before I was met with darkness.