Chapter Six

India POV

When we got to the club Dior's friend Erika parked the car before we got out. Erika said her son godfather was the body guard at the entrance and would let us in for free so we headed straight to the front of the line. When we pulled up the line was already around the corner and I'm just not built for standing in the line for so long so this was a blessing to me.

As soon as we got to the entrance to Pepper 48 he just gave us a nod before letting us in. I could here people from the line saying smart remarks on how "this shit ain't fair" or " it's always the hoes fucking the bouncers that get in this bitch fast and free"

When we walked in the club was already packed with body's on body's but everyone seemed to be enjoying they self despite how crowded it was. I highly doubt all the people wrapped around the building would get a chance to come in tonight so I was sure it was gonna be a fight at the let out.

Dior looked at me and asked if I wanted a drink, I nodded my head yea before we headed over to the bar.

"Can I get a two rounds of shots of tequila please" I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Girl you said a drink not no drank, you tryna get me fucked up in here"
She laughed like I was joking before she paid the bartender for our drinks.

"Alright ladies, these shots are a toast to being kid free" we all took the first shot chasing it back with the second one. I grabbed the lime right next to shots and squeezed it in my mouth not noticing any relief to the burning sensation going through my chest.

"Come on y'all let's go dance" before I knew it Erika dragged me and Dior onto the dance floor. I was laughing and lightly dancing because I was nervous to be dancing in front of other people. I started to loosen up and I'm pretty sure it was from the liquid courage from tequila we just took. Erika grabbed me by my hips gesturing for me to twerk on her. I know I been in the house all my life but the one thing I knew how to do was dance. I began to twerk to "Thot shit" by Megan Thee Stallion because the song had just started. I must've been fucking it up because I soon caught the attention of most of the club. Before I knew it a circle of people were hyping me up. When the song ended we went back to the bar and I asked the bartender to make me something sweet. A group of people girls and guys walked up to us and started to talk to us as I drank my drink. We began laughing and giggling before we were interrupted by some big muscular black guy.

"Excuse me India right?"

How the hell did this man know my name "Yesss....How'd you know my name?" I asked.

"Boss man asked for you to come to VIP"

"Whose boss man?" Dior asked me looking at me confused.

I shrugged my shoulders at her just as confused she was.

"King" the man said. It took me a second for it to click but when it did I instantly thought back to the guy from the grocery store. Everyone standing next to me looked at me with shock and surprise on their face.

"Um... can you tell him I said no thank you, I appreciate the offer but I'm just gonna stay down here" I turned away from him not waiting for him to respond before turning back towards Dior and Erika. I could tell they both  had so many question but I didn't care to answer any of them.

"You guys wanna go back on the floor and dance???" I asked Dior and Erika. The man walked away back upstairs to VIP.

"Girl dance? You just said no to King, as in drug dealer King, you don't say no to that man." Dior whispered screamed.

"Girl how you know King? Better yet how he know you?" Erika asked.

"Well-." Before I could answer Dior cut me off.

"You must be tryna get us all killed India." She paused and took a deep breath tryna calm her nerves. "Listen I know you stay in the house most of the time and you don't be knowing what's going on in the streets but King will get yo' ass killed if he FEELS like you looking at him wrong, and then murk yo ass before dropping yo dead body off at the police station, and guess who work for him... the police!!" I stared at her in shock. I did hear about those killings, they were always on the news, but I had no idea it was from him.

" Well it's a good thing I said no, so we can all stay as far away from as possible." I said turning towards the bartender to try and order another drink because I quickly finished the first one he gave me. I feel jab at my stomach with Dior tryna get my attention.

"Bitch he walking down here right now." She whispered.

"Stop playing" I said not wanting to look back.

"We finna die" Erika said.

Dior chimed in whispering "He coming over here... omg omg he here"

I held my drink in my hand not wanting to look back.

" Hello ladies" .....