Epilogue

"So, there's really a werebear in this council of yours?" Matt asked.

"Yup!" Geoff answered, packing up is back simultaneously. He had a bit of a walk to get to his boat, but it was going to go by quickly with his friend to give him some company. "I actually went to collect Sebastian's final pay from him a month or two ago. That's where I disappeared to for those two days. He's a nice guy though, very happy to finally have a bunch of werebears who aren't losing their minds."

"Really?" The man quickly grabbed one of his other bags and started the hike with him. He didn't normally have this much stuff, but whenever he stayed in one place for too long, he always wound up collecting more things that he wound up needing.

He had already said goodbye to everyone else, and Sebastian was too busy on his honeymoon to walk him through the forest. Geoff wouldn't want him to, anyway. He was supposed to finally be enjoying himself after all the running around he had done his whole life.

"Yeah," Geoff told him. "He was kind of sad to hear that Sebastian retired, but more surprised by what had happened here than anything else. It was fun telling him that story."

"I really hope we aren't going to get a lot of visits from them," Matt sighed. "No offense, I'm sure they're nice and all, but it'd just be nice to live in peace and quiet again, even if it's just for a little bit."

"Oh, they don't really bug anyone that doesn't want it," he assured his friend. "It's really more of a matter of it you want them to get involved, or just open communications. Some groups of supernaturals do it to find some more friends in their community, or werewolf packs talk to them so that they could better work together when a problem arises," he mindlessly walked around a dip in the ground, making sure to gesture to Matt to watch out. "I mean, trust me, if they weren't like that, they would have already popped up a long time ago."

"So, they have a 'live and let live' type of mentality?"

"More or less," he explained. "Of course, if there's something that isn't supposed to be happening, or a criminal they're looking for, then they'll send one of us, but that's really the extent of it."

The Council really had much more complexities with them, but Geoff wasn't going to go in depth about it. It gave him a headache every time he thought about just how many rules they had for their organization. He just did his job and got paid. That was how they all made a living, after all. The deeper they got into that council, the more complicated life became. But whether it be calming and healing sea monsters, or capturing vampires, there was always something that needed to be done.

Geoff had just been enjoying a little vacation, he guessed. It was too tempting to stay with this pack. And he could use the excuse that he was helping Sebastian plan his wedding. That had to be the most fun he had at a wedding in a long time. His favorite parties were the ones in Ireland, though. That, or Germany.

Germans knew how to have fun.

But this paradise of a forest could only keep him for so long. Geoff wasn't like Sebastian. He couldn't stay in one place. As long as the wind was still changing, so would he. The world was his home, and he quite enjoyed it that way. He wasn't sure what would become of the future, but he never had time to think about that. He was too busy enjoying the present.

"Are you sure you can't stay any longer?" Matt asked, yanking him our of his thoughts. His voice was smaller than before. Geoff could hear the sadness in it.

"Well," he sighed. "I gotta make money somehow, ya know."

"You're always welcome to live here with us," the man offered, giving him a hopeful look. "Alpha Rhett wouldn't mind at all. And you could find a job with the pack if you really wanted to make money."