Chapter 18: Angy

"See?" Sebastian walked over to the tree. "That didn't take long now, did it?"

A growl emitted from the man who was tied up, those green eyes on fire again. He tried to tell him that it wouldn't be too long. Sebastian just didn't want him to get in the way of his work. And, with that song affecting both beasts, it would just make this even more difficult than it needed to be.

He was glad to finally calm the werebear down. The poor thing seemed just as exhausted as Rhett did when he first found him. Those eyes glowed the same red, too. Which only added to his curiosity of it all. Sebastian wondered just what this ailment was. Because he knew that it wasn't Berserk Ailment, even with this werebear. He had put a blanket over him just in case he decided to shift into his human form anytime soon. Sebastian had learned that lesson already.

It was a strange incident, you see. Most werebears that he had to cure for that specific illness was best done with his clarinet. He only brought his violin in case something happened to his first instrument. It was always good to have a backup, and the violin was his second best instrument. However, the fact that the strings worked on the werebear as well showed Sebastian that there truly was something unique to this forest going on. For that song came to him yet again and allowed him to play it. He was so glad that he had been able to learn such a gorgeous song.

Now that one beast was calm, however, he still had to deal with the one that he might have accidentally angered.

"Please don't be mad?" he pleaded with him, a little afraid to take the bindings off. "This perhaps wasn't the smartest way of going about things, but it was the quickest, and I needed to work fast."

Those eyes bored into his, still angry. They were so intense when they looked at him. It was nice to hear that he wanted to challenge his parents for the chance of marriage, but Sebastian was ninety percent sure that he was starting to contemplate that statement due to his actions.

He never really had someone say that they wanted to do that, or someone who was willing to do that for him. It gave him a foreign feeling that warmed him to his core, even though the chances of his parents actually agreeing to it were slim. The thought that he wanted him that badly was not a reaction that Sebastian usually got. Typically, all the ones that he had a crush on or liked in any way tended to favor his siblings or cousins over him.

It didn't exactly help his ego. That was another reason why his parents were having such a tough time finding the right suitor. Most of them thought of a Dubois to have a certain look and elegance to them, and, well, Sebastian didn't have that.

"Alright," Sebastian went closer to him, putting his hands on the rope. "I'm going to need you to stop squirming for a second."

Thankfully the man listened. The device that he had used was called a 'worms surprise' as the rope tied around it looked like worms wriggling around. When it all came undone, the magic that it had in it was simply meant to keep the victim restrained without hurting them. It was mainly used by his family if they had no way to calm the beast down.

And all it took was a little pull of the same string that bound him for it to all come undone, back into the little ball that it once was.

Sebastian was usually light on his feet, and rather jumpy for a human, but he wasn't fast enough for those strong arms that wrapped around him. Another growl emitted from that chest of his as Sebastian was forced into a hug.

He almost laughed out loud at the scene now. It was always strange for him to hear a beast in its human form still growl or make animalistic noises. It sounded too feral for a human to make, yet this one did. It reminded him of the small growl that the wolf gave him when he called him cute.