Chapter 46: How Many Times...

Exactly how many times did he tell himself that he wasn't going to let Sebastian go? That he was going to make sure he stayed in his arms forever? Exactly how many damn times did he fight to keep that man in his arms, even going as far as doing that stupid challenge just to impress them. He wanted to get their blessing for Sebastian. So that he wouldn't have to worry about what his family thought.

But when he said that he was going to find him, he wasn't intending on Sebastian actually getting lost. He thought they were playing a little game, secretly promising that it wouldn't be long before they would see each other again. Rhett knew that Sebastian was the only one who knew how to calm Odin down. While Geoff could play that song, and pretty well now that he had gotten some practice, Sebastian was the only one that could play it well enough to calm the werebear down.

He should have followed him, dammit. He was a fool for thinking that he would be fine on his own. Rhett swore as he marched through the forest that he was never going to let that man leave his side the next time he saw him. Every time that he had lost him, he got more possessive of the man. It had grown enough to drive him absolutely mad.

"I can't remember a single thing," Odin repeated himself. Rhett had found the idiot werebear, but not the one that had actually calmed him down. "I don't know where he went, Rhett. I really wish I did."

"And I really wish you had stopped sniffing that fog," Rhett retorted right back. He should have been understanding of the man, but he really couldn't be. Not when he had just finally won over the man that was going to be with him the rest of his life, just to have him disappear in a matter of seconds.

"Sebastian shouldn't be too far away," Atticus said from behind them. "I doubt we'll be looking too much longer now."

"Perhaps we should spread out," Aurelia said. "We've looked high and low here."

"No," Rhett told them. "He's here. He has to be."

If he knew Sebastian, the man wasn't one to abandon a beast that he had just calmed down. He hadn't disappeared when Rhett first met him and he definitely wouldn't have for Odin. Even if there had been something going on in the forest while Odin was sleeping, Sebastian would have still stayed. He never risked the health of a beast.

Which is why Rhett had been searching almost the whole night in that one small area that they had found Odin. He felt like a madman, looking at all the same things in hopes that a hint or clue would just show up right under his nose. It was one of those times when you're absolutely positive that you left something in one area of the house, even though you've checked that place over and over again.

It didn't help that he couldn't catch onto his scent anymore. All he had were whispers of it all throughout the area. That was another reason why he had demanded that they all stayed here. Whoever was doing this to all of them must have been behind Sebastian's disappearance as well. And there was no way he was going to let him get away with it.

"I swear," Rhett took in a deep breath, trying to quell the frustration that he felt. "When I figure out who is behind all of this, I'm going to decapitate them and spread their blood all over the forest floor."

"Don't you think that's a little too harsh?" Felicia asked. That question in itself gave Rhett more ammunition to fuel his anger. He stopped to look at the woman with hard eyes.

"I'm sorry," he told her, his tone as cold as ice. "You really want me to forgive the person that has caused me to lose my brother, my own sanity, half of my pack, and now Sebastian?! Are you that heartless to not wish for punishment towards the one who just caused your own brother to disappear?!"

Felicia shrank at his words. Rhett didn't care. Actually, he wanted her to shrink. He wanted to at least put some sort of sense into this family. Forgiveness wasn't for everyone, especially not people who cause all of this. And, as much as this family never liked to cause harm to a beast, they sure knew how to emotionally harm their own people. Rhett would despise growing up with them. There was no way he'd let any of his children go with them through all the dangers of the world.