Members Only

(Opening shot: the city skyline during the day.)

Narrator: The city of Townsville!

(As he continues, pan across the city; we first see a freeway teeming with vehicles, including smiley-faced battering-ram tanks such as those used in "Powerpuff Bluff" and "Ploys R' Us," and the Mayor's balloon from "Hot Air Buffoon" floating above with him in it.)

Narrator: A very normal city like most cities.

(Next seen is a huge creature with horns and pincers, with a woman sunbathing near it and taking no notice, then a card game in the park. The players are Fuzzy Lumkins, the Talking Dog, Abracadaver only his hand is visible, sticking up from the ground with his cards and an extra one up his sleeve and a gigantic lizard whose upper body is cut off by the top edge of the screen.)

Narrator: And like most cities, Townsville even has its own resident superheroes.

(By this point, the camera has passed the card game and moved on to some kids playing in the park. The girls fly into view in the background, with Mojo Jojo's observatory telescope tracking their movements. An alien sits in a flying saucer in the fore, and a second, in a trenchcoat, walks toward the craft.)

Narrator: Why, there they go right now. Let's follow them, shall we?

(The camera does so, panning across the subdivision and stopping on their house as they fly in through the front door. Zoom in slowly and dissolve to the living room, where the Professor sits at one end of the couch next to (Y/N) who is watching Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles the 1990s version of the cartoon and the Professor reads the newspaper. The zoom continues for a few seconds more; then the girls crash down on the couch's free end, launching him up to hit the ceiling (Y/N) was also launched but was literally stuck to the couch.)

Girls: (excitedly) Professor, Professor! It's time, it's time!

(On the end of this, cut to his end, putting them o.c.' He falls back to the couch, the paper's pages scattering all around. The front-page headline can be seen: "SHANK BURNS OUT!")

Professor: (panicked) What? It's time?! Oh, batten down the canned goods! Everyone to the shelters!

(Y/N): What time are you talking about?

(The girls have calmed down; Buttercup picks up the TV remote control.)

Blossom: Not that time, Professor. It's time for the most important newscast of the year!

(On the end of this, pan quickly to the TV, which promptly comes on. A wireform picture of the globe appears against a blue background as an announcer's voice begins to speak. He sounds very much as if he would be at home calling a WWF match; during the opening part of his spiel, the view zooms in on the TV until the blue field fills the screen. White stars are now visible on either side of the globe, which is at top center.)

Announcer: Welcome to CTN's live coverage of...

(As each of the following four major words is spoken, it slides into view on the screen, its first letter slides up until it is superimposed on the globe, and the rest of the letters fade away. The four letters form a row. Appropriate heroic music and sound effects accompany this entire sequence.)

Announcer: ...the Association...of World...Super...Men...

(Lightning cracks across the screen; when it fades, there is a white bolt behind the letters and partially covering the globe. The group's logo has now been completed.)

Announcer: ...Super Summit...

(As he says these two words, they back away from the camera to reach their position just below the globe, clanging into place.)