67| The Decision part 2

When Karma woke up, his warmth was gone.

Feeling the space Gakushū had occupied a few hours ago only to touch nothing, Karma sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Ah, he's gone already?" He felt disappointed, already wanting to feel that wonderful warmth again. The warmth only Gakushū can provide

But he shouldn't be selfish and needy. Gakushū can't stay any longer because his father would beat him up

He's probably already in enough trouble for sneaking out

"I swear to fucking God if that weird ass centipede obsessed maniac lays a hand against him-" he took away those dark thoughts. He didn't want the thought of Gakushū being hurt to be what plagues him so early in the morning.

Leaving his comfortable bed and putting on a shirt, he heads to the kitchen for breakfast.

Halfway down the stairs though he heard soft laughter coming from the kitchen.

Curious, he sneaked to the kitchen and his behind the wall and listened

"---honestly that boy gets into so much trouble, he's going to end up in jail before college" he heard Gakushū sigh in exasperation. "--Not that I'd allow that to happen obviously, I'm the good influence on him here" he added smugly.

His mother laughed. It was soothing and clear, something that put Karma at ease

"He's always gotten into trouble ever since he was a small child" she said. "But rest assured Karma has good and strong morales, and every decision he makes has always been well thought out and for the good of someone he cares for"

"Yes" Gakushū responded softly. "That's just who Karma is.." The tenderness in his voice caused Karma's heart to skip a beat. "Awww Shuuie" he wanted to tease him badly.

"May I ask--that is if I am not over stepping--what is your relationship with Karma?"

"Oh, uhh... " Gakushū thought for a moment.

"I don't really.. Know"

"Pardon?" Natsuki sipped her tea, regarding Gakushū curiously. "We have a complicated situation, we're not putting a label on anything yet but we are very comfortable with each other and are close together" Gakushū explained, embarrassed.

"He's saving me"

"From what?"

"From something" Gakushū vaguely said. Karma can imagine him shrugging "Point is Natsuki-san, he's my pillar, I'm his shield, he's my sun, I'm his moon, he's yin I'm yang" there was the sound of a cup being placed on the table.  "We're... "

"You're each other's other half then" Natsuki finished. Karma's eyes widened when he heard this and his hand shot to his mouth, muffling whatever sound he might produce. He felt heat creep up to his cheeks  

Gakushū laughs softly "I'd like to think we are, just don't mention this to Karma please. He'll tease me endlessly"

Natsuki smirked and finished her tea.

This boy is similar to her son but at the same time his opposite. They bring out different sides of each other and from this conversation she determines that they care about each other so much that they're willing to risk anything for each other.

The way this boy talked about her son, the fondness in his eyes, adoration in his voice, it was beautiful to watch.

"I won't tell him about our conversation" she also won't tell him Karma has been listening behind the wall halfway through their chat. "But I'd like to let you know that you don't have to sneak in whenever you wish to stay. The Akabane household will always welcome anyone that my son treasures"

"T-thank you Natsuki-san. And sorry if I startled you this morning. You must have been bewildered to see me in his room--B-but rest assured we didn't do anything! "

"I'm pretty sure I'd know immediately if my son got fucked"

He heard Gakushū choke on something. "I--umm.. R-right" Gakushū stammered.

That was when Karma decided to show himself.

"Morning" he said rather gruffly. Natsuki smiled at him. Gakushū recognized it as the same smile Karma wore when he is feeling mischievous

"She's his mother alright" he thinks with an inward sigh.

Natsuki cooked a delectable meal for them.

And Gakushū and Karma and enjoyed a quiet, peaceful morning together.

When it was time for Gakushū to leave, Karma walked him out the door.

"I'll see you at school then" Karma said.

"Hm, hai, I'll see you there" Gakushū said, turning around and walking down the small stairs.

However he suddenly turned around, jogged back, and pressed another kiss against Karma's lips.

It was a surprise he didn't expect, but welcome it anyway.

Then Gakushū ran off, and left the property.