10| Trash like him

"Where the hell have you been?!"

Gakushū stumbled back, but luckily Karma managed to catch him and balance him. Gakuho was heaving, he was shaking with, Gakushū guessed was rage.

"Why didn't you call me? Sent me a message informing where you were" he finally acknowledged the red head. He gave a dangerous smile, sending chills down Karma's spine. He wanted outta here, but he refused to leave Gakushū behind to this monster right there. "Oh, I see...had a little rendezvous, wanted to get away from me a little bit?"

"No, sir" Gakushū spoke up, straightening himself. "I had...a small accident yesterday and-"

"Oh, an accident?" Gakuho dropped his smile. "Hopefully it doesn't cause any damage to our name"

"Is that all you fucking care about?" Karma found himself speaking up, a sarcastic smile on his face. "Your son just told you he had an accident, you're not going to ask what it was or how he is?" Karma bit his tongue hard to prevent himself from showing any signs of pain when Gakushū stepped on his foot.

Gakushū glared daggers at Karma, through his eyes, he told him to shut up.

"My son is smart enough to know how to avoid dying, Mr. Akabane" Gakuho answered, wanting to wipe the stupid smile off the red head's face. "May I ask why you're here with my son? Surely he didn't need to be escorted to his own home"

"I had to make sure nothing else would happen to him" Karma shot back. "Please shut up" Gakushū begged in his mind. "Please stop talking back to my father, please leave at once!"

"Thank you for the concern Akabane" Gakushū held Karma's wrist tightly. "But I am fine now, and I'm home. I appreciate you taking care of me last night, I mean it" he really did, he truly does. "But now your presence is no longer needed"

That was a lie, Gakushū didn't want Karma to leave him at all.

"Go home Akabane" insist to stay

"I'll be fine" I'm scared, what will he do to me?

Karma looked like he wanted to object, but Gakuho intimidated him so much, and really what could he do for Gakushū? He needs to think properly, logically, and talk to someone about Gakushū's situation. "Okay" he found himself saying.

"Bye" he told the strawberry blonde, before turning his back and walking towards the door in a deliberately slow pace.

When Karma finally stepped out, and closed the door, Gakushū mentally prepared himself for whatever punishment he will receive.

"So...care to tell me what exactly happened yesterday? Gakushū" his father's cold voice literally sent a chill down his spine. He almost visibly shuddered, but he's gotten used to it by now. "It was nothing father"

"It couldn't possibly be nothing. Akabane seemed really upset. And you had me worried sick that something could have happened to you "

"Worried sick my ass" Gakushū thought angrily.

"You were only worried because it might look bad for you if your seemingly perfect son were to be found dead the next morning, and only weeks away from midterms....you didn't want to deal with rumors, accusations...."stressed and pressured, the star pupil of kunugigaoka took his own life because he couldn't handle the pressure his father put in his mental state" not a bad story huh, father?" His thoughts were getting darker and darker.

"And oh no, if people were to dig a little deeper, they'll find that your son is a victim of abuse! That will further ruin your image will it?"

"Speak damn it!" His father suddenly punched a vase, causing it to fall and smash to pieces.

Gakushū remembered how he was forced to stand on the broken pieces of a vase he broke, on his bare feet.

His father forced himself to calm down, he wasn't facing Gakushū, he was looking down at the floor. "Did you take your medication father?"

"Not yet"

"You should take them" Gakushū suggested, walking towards the stairs. "You know how important they are father"

They're sick in the head, both of them. Gakushū hates having a similarity with his father.

"Stay in your room and don't you dare come out, unless I say so" Gakuho ordered. Gakushū merely nodded, and rushed to his room, closing the door.

He hugged himself pitifully, and fell on the bed.

The clothes he wore comforted him, because they have Akabane's scent on him. Akabane, that boy saved him.

Gakushū stared at his ceiling. He appreciates Akabane for helping him, but this is his problem, he needs to solve this on his own. Besides, it's not that bad. As long as he keeps tabs on his sleeping, stay awake, and anti depressant pills. And as long as he stay out of his father's way.

Karma is good, Karma doesn't deserve, or need, this baggage.

Karma doesn't need trash like him in his life.

Karma.....