14| On the roof

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell I know, right now you can't tell

___________________________

Gakushū forced his attention away from the window and back to the lecture their sensei was giving them. It wasn't like he needed to pay much attention though, since he studied the lecture in advance.

But if he was caught not paying attention, this will be reported to his father, and he can't allow that.

"Psst, Asano-kun" he heard Ren whispering beside him. Gakushū's eyes darted to his side to lock with Ren's. "Hm?" He hummed, acknowledging his friend.

"Are you alright?" Ren asked, concerned.

"I'm fine" Gakushū said. "Really" he smiled.

"Who were you flipping off outside?" Ren whispered. Gakushū blushed, realizing Ren caught him giving Akabane the bird. "T-the wind?" He stammered, stupidly. The brunet smirked. "The wind Asano-kun?"

"Oh, shut up" Gakushū rolled his eyes.

Hours passed, and it is now lunch time.

Gakushū just bought an orange juice and five sandwiches from the canteen, before going to the rooftop.

"You've got to be kidding me" Gakushū's eye twitched when he saw the red head already there, sitting criss cross legged, sipping his, seemed to be fourth strawberry milk. Gakushū eyed the four other cartons boxes of strawberry milk littering Karma's sides. "Hello to you too Second-place-kun" Karma responded pleasantly.

"The main building's rooftop is off limits to your lot. To E-class, so move it Akabane" Gakushū approached him, one hand in his pocket and the other carrying the plastic of orange juice and sandwiches.

"Hmm~ I don't want to" Karma grinned provocatively.

"Leave" Gakushū kicked Karma's side, glaring down at Karma who remained unfazed. "Nah, I like it up here. No nosy friends, no noisy classmates, no snotty bitch-sensei" he listed.

"There's still me" Gakushū scoffed, sitting down beside him but if course maintaining a safe distance.

"And what about you?" Karma raised a brow.

"You listed your dislikes, you forgot me, you dislike me" Gakushū sipped his orange juice.

"Says who?" Karma continued sipping his carton box of strawberry milk obnoxiously loudly.

Gakushū looked at Karma with suspicious eyes. "Don't you?"

Karma looked at Gakushū's suspicious violet eyes. His golden gaze penetrating through Gakushū's that he was the first to break eye contact. He took out a sandwich from the plastic bag to eat.

"After school" Karma started. "Don't go straight home"

Gakushū frowned. "Why?"

"Just don't, I have something to show you" Karma said patiently.

Gakushū glared at the red head sitting next to him, his golden eyes now covered by his eyelids, his long thick black lashes fanned his skin a bit.

Gakushū couldn't stop admiring Karma's resting form. He looked so peaceful.

The exact opposite of himself. Gakushū bets he sleeps with a frown in his face.

"Why are you helping me Akabane?" He wondered out loud. "Why did you save me? Why did you comfort me?"

He traced Karma's jaw with a single finger. "Why are you here with me?"

(Author: Friendly reminder that this is gonna be my first fanfiction that deals with darker themes)