46| Asano Nanami

Take my hand tonight, let's not think about tomorrow

___________________

As much as Gakushū wanted to stay with Karma a little longer, he knows that he can't. He needs to go home or else his father's punishment will be severe.

Not like it's not already severe, since the man's been shocking him.

"Can't you stay a little longer?" Karma hated how needy he sounded, it annoyed him how he's reduced to this when he's with the strawberry blonde!

"No, I still have some work to finish at home, student council shit and all" Gakushū excuses. Karma smirked "language" he teasingly said. Gakushū rolled his eyes "You cuss on a regular basis, shithead"

"It's just weird hearing bad words come out of your mouth, you're supposed to be Mr. Good-two-shoes-I'm-so-perfect-the boy-next-door-that-everyone-is-supposed-to-love!" Karma snickered at his description of of his companion, who managed a snort. "You're not even denying it" Karma pointed out.

"Good bye" Gakushū went towards the door.

"Send me your pasta recipe later!" Karma called out. No joke Gakushū's pasta is just chef's kiss, Karma wanted an eighth bowl.

Meanwhile, Gakushū was walking home at a much slower pace. He's hoping he can sneak into his room undetected and hide there until mother calls him for dinner.

Since he already ate at Karma's, he'll just take a small portion of whatever mother made for them and then excuse himself quickly.

"I wonder what mother is making?" He thinks, remembering his childhood when his mother was around the house more often. His favourite memory of her was in the kitchen where she'd let him watch her do her magic on the food, sometimes letting him help her.

Sometimes Nanami would help out as well. It was one of the few times his sister and mother would bond together.

Sister.

His sister who abandoned him.

Gakushū frowned, his happy memories getting replaced by the dark ones, his feeling of lightness was replaced by anger and bitterness.

His sister who was the favourite of their father, the golden child. His sister who promised to always be by his side and yet, she left him alone in that hellhole

The second the saw an opening for an escape she took it, and left him behind without looking back.

A small part of him wondered how she was doing, if she even missed him at all.

The bitter resentful younger brother part of him though couldn't careless if she was living in the streets.

Although as much as he hates her, he will always be thankful for her teachings to him. If it weren't for her lessons he probably would have been dead a long time ago. Long before he gets the pleasure of meeting his red head. 

Why was he even thinking of that useless woman anyway? At least he still has his mother.

At least his mother stuck around.