41| Heart beats fast

I met you in the dark, you lit me up, you made me feel as though I was enough

__________________

They later found themselves soaking their feet in the cold water, under the bridge

Karma let him rest his head on his shoulder, and he in turn let the red head play with his hand, touching his long fingers.

"I'm sorry, really...about yelling at you and accusing you of 'having it easy', that was wrong of me" Gakushū apologized, remorse in his tone. "I'm really sorry Karma, I shouldn't have brought your parents into this-"

"It's fine" Karma interrupts. "You were just venting. If yelling at me would help you, if venting your anger at me would make you feel better, then do it. Use me, turn me into your diary to reveal secrets and express dark emotions to"

Gakushū bit his lower lip hard. "No, it's not okay Karma" he insists. "You should be angry at me"

"You don't think I'm not?" Karma scoffed. "I'm angry, Gakushū...I'm so fucking pissed off, I'm fucking seething" he admits, with a tremble in his voice. "But not at you"

Who then?

As if reading his thoughts, Karma said in a quiet voice "I'm fucking angry at your fucking dad"

Ahh..of course he is. But Karma isn't the only one feeling disdain for Asano Gakuho, his own son feels the same way. But it wasn't like there was anything either of them can do about the situation, was there?

Sensing Karma's murderous wrath, Gakushū placed a hand on Karma's cheek, and started stroking him tenderly. This effectively works in calming his red haired companion down, and pretty soon his heavy breathing became easy, calm.

"Feeling better?" He asks gently. Karma responded by burying his face in the crook of Gakushū's neck, tickling him. It then occured to Gakushū how....intimate their position was. It was like they were a couple, trying to comfort each other, as if they are each other's source of comfort and tranquility

"Aren't you uncomfortable Karma?" He asks, just to be sure it was okay to be hugging each other like this.

"No, why would I be?" Karma retorts.

He was suddenly surprised when Gakushū pulled them down on their backs.

Their backs met the sharp grass, while their eyes saw cherry blossoms above, as well as the dark night sky

Karma turned beet red when he realized Gakushū still has his arm on his back. He was pressed against Gakushū's body, his nose was met with the strong scent of Gakushū's cologne. Whatever Gakushū uses, it has a sweet, calming smell.

"This feels nice" the boys thoughts.

No suffering, no depression, no traumatic memories, no abuse, no pain, no nightmares, no painful flashbacks, it was just the two of them

And they liked it, very very much.

"You want to save me, don't you?" Gakushū whispered after some time. "But I feel like....you could use some saving too...Karma"

"No, I-" he was cut off by Gakushū kissing his forehead. It was a lingering, affectionate kiss that left Karma feeling confused and nervous. What does this mean? Does this mean something? Anything?

"See you at school" Gakushū whispered, getting up, dusting his back, and climbing up the hill.

Karma was left confused and alone.