Ya boy, Kongming

ANIME

Name: Ya boy, Kongming/ Paripi Koumei

Genre(s): Comedy

Source: Manga

Studio: P.A Works

Author: Yuto Yotsuba

Illustrator: Ryo Ogawa

Number of episodes: 10

Subbed: Yes

Dubbed: No

Status: Completed

Synopsis: The famous military strategist Zhuge Liang Kongming met his demise in the Battle of Wuzhang Plains. On his deathbed, he wishes that his next life were in a peaceful place, free from bloodshed. He is reborn (in his youth) in modern Japan, appearing in the middle of a costume party for Halloween in the club district of Tokyo. The partygoers of Shibuya lure him to a night club where he meets Eiko Tsukimi, an aspiring singer, and his second life begins.

Memorable Quotes

" All arises from something, something arises from nothing. " ~ Kongming

Review Section

blaziken01trainer

" Ya Boy, Kongming is one of those anime that pulls you in with their catchy openings and make you stay for the story.

I was pleasantly surprised when watching this anime. Going in I didn't expect much but the anime blew my mind with its relatable characters, fun storyline and incredible soundtracks. Music is a core part of Ya boy, Kongming and you get to meet different types of singers, feel their burning passion for music and how it encourages them to push forward or makes them miserable sometimes. It is exciting and refreshing to see Kongming adapt his ancient war strategies to our times and how he applies them to create the perfect opportunity for Eiko's talent to shine. The interactions are never boring. Nothing disappoints in this anime!

Ya boy, Konming made me fall in love again with rap. My only complain and only wish is that Kabe should perform a song together with Eiko / get more screen time. "

Opening
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang  by QUEENDOM

Ending

" Feeling Good " starring EIKO (96Neko), Zhuge Kongming (Ryotaro Okiayu), KABE Taijin (Shoya Chiba) and Nanami Kuon (Lezel)