Gakuen Babysitters

ANIME

Name: Gakuen Babysitters/ School Babysitters

Genre(s): Comedy, Slice of Life

Source: Manga

Produced by: Brain's Base

Author: Hari Tokeino

Number of episodes: 12 + 1 OVA

Subbed: Yes

Dubbed: Yes

Status: Completed

Synopsis: After the sudden death of their parents, two young brothers named Ryūichi Kashima (a freshman in high school) and his younger brother Kotarō (a preschooler) are left orphaned and having no place to call home. The chairwoman of the prestigious Morinomiya Academy offers to take the boys into her care, giving them a new house and free tuition, on the condition that Ryuichi helps out with the school's daycare center while also attending normal classes during school hours.

Memorable Quotes

" Listen. Those we've lost will never come back, but that doesn't mean we are all alone either. "~ Yoko Morinomiya (Chairwoman)

Review Section

JunieWeathers

" This is probably the best feel good anime there us! I cannot get over how ADORABLE every episode is! While the Kashima brother's should be plagued by their most recent tragedies that have occurred, they do their best to help out the school's babysitting club. It's just so adorable and heartwarming the things that they do to help each other out, and events that unfold because of this anime. I also LOVE the breaking of gender roles here. Usually, in any sort of media, women are the ones who are soft hearted and always taking care of kids, but that's not the case. Yes, you still have boys on the anime who are very macho, but they also show that it's okay to have a soft side too. It's definitely my go to anime to watch whenever I'm having a rough day as it's guaranteed to cheer anyone up. "

@-butterfly--effect-

" Gakuen Babysitters is a heartwarming slice of life anime about a boy becoming a worker at his new school's daycare for small children, alongside his little brother. This anime is lighthearted and absolutely adorable, but get ready for the floods in some of the more emotional episodes. The characters are amazingly and realistically written-- and It's so easy to get attached to them. And it adds in humour at just the right time! 9/10, loved it! "

Juni_Penguin_

"Gakuen Babysitters is a story that focuses on the life of two brothers known as Ryuuichi and Kotarou as well as other characters that mostly range from babies to teenagers. Ryuuichi is a member of a babysitting club where he takes care of his younger brother as well as others with another member. Usually I'm not the type to watch that Don't have much action or a mystery type of story but I thoroughly enjoyed this anime. It was nice to see an anime that was simple yet enticing with all of the cute and wholesome moments throughout the entirety of it.

However, very few times does it take a dark turn to remind the audience of the protagonists' parents are dead because of a plane crash that happened some time ago. Nonetheless, it displays a great relationship between the two brothers and it was interesting to see all of the babies interact with each other. It's a great anime to watch when you want to take a break from anything really.

The only real complaint I had was a character introduced in episode 3. This character is excited when he sees children and gets nosebleeds. It is not portrayed as anything majorly bad but whenever I would watch this character in the anime, it would leave me uncomfortable at times.

The animation and art style are nice, especially of how the babies are drawn. It feels like the art style fits nicely with the anime and I don't think I could see it with a different one. Overall, this show is good when it comes to being one of the many found in the slice of life genre. I feel like this show is easy to rewatch because it's mostly a feel good anime. It's relaxing and great to gush over when you need that extra bit of serotonin when you're stressed."

Opening

Endless Happy World by Daisuke Ono

Ending

Oshiete yo by Hyorotto Danshi

---------------------------------

That's all for this update folks! A big thanks to JunieWeathers for requesting as well as @-butterfly--effect- and Juni_Penguin_ for helping out for this chapter.

I hope we have piqued your interest about Gakuen Babysitters.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I have updated the rules. So please check the "How it's gonna work" chapter before you go. These new rules will be applicable as from 02/10/2021.