6 - Mysterious Saber

After getting home and we have to explain to Shira what the Holy Grail War is...

Rin: This is stupid...

Kazuto: I know that!

Archer: You agreed to this alliance yourself, Rin.

Lancer: I guess not everyone is perfect.

Kazuto: Would you shut your mouth for a moment, Lancer!?

Shira: Umm... Can we all calm down?

Rin and Kazuto: I AM CALM!!!

Archer: Great...

- Am hour ago, Shira's POV -

Rin: So... Why do you help him?

I look at Rin confusingly, then I answered...

Shira: I have to be useful for Kazuto, to repay him for saving me from that fire and... He has done so much for me...

"Are you trying to kill us with that purple stuff?! Here's water... And you Shira! I'll teach you how to cook so we don't have this accident again! But you'll be on your own when you can handle cooking yourself."

"I'll only teach you the necessary basics. Dad doesn't want me to be like him after all... For now, let's try to trace and reinforce this wooden stick. Then probably to iron pipes..."

Upon remembering those times as kids... Kazuto was responsible yet cheerful... It all changed him when his father died.

"...fine, old man. I'll carry your dream of becoming a hero of justice."

He stood there, promising his father his last wish to him. He didn't mourn or cry, yet he shed tears in the end.

I frown, looking at my hands.

I want to help him... I want to protect him...

Shira: But I found out long ago that my output is always going to be low and my abilities are always going to be limited to swords due to my Origin and Element.

Rin: Yours is... Sword?

Shira: Yeah... But I haven't give up just yet. That's why I tried training everyday with Kazuto's guidance, to train entirely in the only magic I could use.

After all, he said that mastering the basics and become proficient at it would make me a better mage or a specialist spell-user even with my 27 mana circuits.

Archer: ... (So that's why she's stronger than she's supposed to be. But why...)

(A/N: Ayo, is Kazuto trying to make Shira into her OUS counterpart?)

Then flashes of what happened at the school appeared.

Shira: But all that training lend to nothing. I got scared that I felt I should be running for my life when I saw Archer and Lancer fight, only for me to get caught, almost got killed, and saved by him... Just because I just see how the servants fight for the first time...

I hugged myself to comfort but it didn't do much.

Shira: I just feel very safe when Kazuto's around me... I'm useless, aren't I...

Rin: He is...someone important to you, huh?

Shira: Of course! He may act rude but he's actually kind and willing to friends and protect them. He try to be the villain and take the blame for others when we were children...

Rin: I see...

Shira: But to me...

Under that giant fire that nearly took my soul and emotions, he grabbed my hand and saved me...