Chapter 20

Imani POV

6 years later...

"Mommy..." my newly 3 year old daughter comes running down the stairs.

"Ari, stop running before you fall." I scold her.

"sworry mommy... I'm hungry." Can this girl not see that I'm cooking us food right now?

"Alright... give me a few minutes and I'll have your plate ready, okay?" I say smiling

A few minutes go by and I'm done making chicken Alfredo for me and my baby girl.

We are sitting at the table eating, when my door bell rings.

"Who's dat?" My Ari asked.

"I don't know," I say. "Stay here and finish your food ok." I tell her seeing that she didn't have that much food left on her plate.

She gets that from me

Seeing that she nods, I make my way to the door. I check the peep hole to see that it's Matteo.

Yea, Matteo. Remember him? Turns out he had to move to California. Which me, him and Ari live at right now. We don't all live together but he loveeeessss coming over just to eat all my shit. But he lives with his boyfriend just a few minutes from here.

After about living with my dad in Florida and also living with my mother in New York. I moved to cali when I was 20, still in college. When I found out I was pregnant, I moved to a bigger home. I thought me and my boyfriend where going to live in there with our baby, so I got a house with 3 bedrooms.

I guess he didn't plan on staying for or with... me or Arianna.

Opening the door, I see him with a bright smile on his face. He pushes pass me and go straight to kitchen. Stopping to kiss Ari on the forehead.

He was one of the only people there for me during my breakup/ pregnancy. Besides my friends Attona and Angelina... well they were there virtually. We've been keeping in contact ever since I left, and when I used to go back to New York. We still keep in contact.

Just not as much...

I laugh, and make my way back to the kitchen. I grab my plate because I was finished then grab Ari's. "You want a second plate mama?" I ask her.

She yawns then rubs her eyes, "no thank you. I'm tired." I smile looking at my beautiful girl.

Yea, I did that. All alone.

I put our plates in the sink, so I can wash them later. I walk to Ari and pick her small tired figure up in my arms.

"I'll be back." I said to matteo, who hums while eating my dinner.

Going up stairs, I go the bathroom and undress ari so she can bathe.

I put a blue bonnet over her brown curly hair, and start to bathe her. After im done she starts to brush her teeth.
A couple of minutes passed and now I'm drying her and putting lotion on her body. I then dress her and stay with her until she falls asleep... which was not long.

I kiss her soft baby cheek, "goodnight amor." Then leaving her room.

I walk back downstairs to see Matteo passed out on my couch. I laugh then walk over to him.

I hit his back a couple of times to wake him up.

"My nigga, go the fuck home. It late." Even though i barley be back home, in New York, my accent will always be there.

He groans but eventually gets up and leaves. Not before sticking his tongue out at me.

I close and lock the door after him.

Walking back to the fridge, I grab a cold wine bottle and then a wine glass.

Red Wine.

I poor myself a glass and sip out of it until it's empty.

I rinse my glass out, wash the dishes from earlier. I put the bottle back and then go upstairs. Walking into my room, I go straight to the bathroom and take a long hot shower. After, I'm done showering, I brush my teeth.

Going back through my bedroom and to my closet, I pull out a satin black nightset and put on my satin black bonnet.

Turning off my lights and leaving my window a little open since it was spring time. I climb in my bed.

My door opens a little, to reveal a tired yawning Arianna' Mae, in my doorway.

"Mommy..." she says. I hum at her. "Can I sleep with y-you a.. again?" She asks. "Yes baby" I say.

With that, she closes the door and I hear tiny her bare feet patter against the wooden floor.

She climbs in bed. She snuggles against me laying on my chest with her shorts legs around my hips, as I stroke her back.

"Goodnight baby." I say. "Goodnight" then I hear light snores coming from her.

I soon then follow, falling asleep as well.

{{{{{{{{{{{{

825 words <3

Ignore any mistakes ✋🏾

Yes, I know... I know. 6 years is a HUGE time skip but oh well.

A short chapter just to give you a feel after 6 years. 😉

What do you think?

Favorite character besides gio & Imani?

Gio or Imani?

Anyways byeeeeee 🌸.